Monday, September 3, 2012

Another day at the fair... and yes, I wore glitter.


Another day at the fair spent with rabbits and the boot booth. I am enjoying the change.



Justine is a dolly and just loves the rabbits. Here she is in answering questions from the judge. Her mini lop took first place in her age, breed, and sex.

Then Nathan and Justine spent the day cruising the fair and hanging out at the boot shop.

I won't lie. It is really hard sometimes to work at the boot shop. I feel so inadequate. There is so much to know about all these different boots and I know very little. It is discouraging at times to feel stupid. But because I am working for people who keep assuring me I am doing fine I keep plugging along.

Still so thankful for the kind and patient person I am working for. I have complained non stop about my ugly, collared, hot work shirt. Today Nick brought me a great "Sitka Gear" t-shirt. Nice.

This is Gus. He is a gentle soul. I really mean it. Kind and funny and gentle. You just have to like him, that's all there is to it.



He gave my kids money to go see the 1,000 pound pig, brought back scone bites to share with them, and entertained Nathan with all sorts of suggestions for naming the sword Nathan purchased. Apparently a man must name his sword. The kids talked about him a ton and how funny and nice he was.


Even though I am on a weight loss journey... I have been so enamoured with the glazed donut hamburger! It is such a fun idea! It confuses your brain to eat it. But it is good! I think we are going to make a bunch as a family one night.You should try it. It is brain confusing delightful fair goodness.

 

The fair had SHARKS!!!!

They were a disappointment. Not really that cool. Sorry.

 
 

But the thousand pound pig???????

Totally not right. I only say pictures of him. But they are gross. See? Apparently he CAN get up and run so I guess there is no need to call Peta. But yuck.

 
 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...