Sunday, September 2, 2012

I have been having an internal struggle in my mind for a while now.....

Am I too old to wear glitter? Corey think so.

But I really really love glitter. And recently I discovered glittery eyeliner AND Bath and Body Works (my luxury item store) SPRAY glitter! Best pointless invention ever. It is so great.

So for the fair I made sure to be all glittery. And I took Justine and her BFF Ciara to the rabbit show.


This is Justine, rabbit show friend, and Ciara. She is SO SO good for Justine. She is fun and confident and unembarrassed to play and be silly. She and I belted out Fergie (LOVE HER) songs the whole way to the fair completely not caring about the world. Justine needs some "not caring about the world" time. It was lovely.

Anyway...I said to Ciara.... "Do you think I am too old to wear glitter?"

And she said the wisest, deepest, kindest, cutest, maturest, words ever known to a 14 year old girl.

"You are never too old to sparkle."

Is that not the best statement ever or what! So I am going to wear my glitter proud from now on!

Sweet girl.

We had a good time at the rabbit show. Justine's rabbits did average. But it is still fun.


This is Justine telling me "Preston just got third!" She was irritated because there was only three rabbits in his division. So...that means Preston sucked. :)  Boo. Preston is our little love bug. He is the sweetest little rabbit.

Because I have to push Justine out of her comfort zone all the time I volunteered her to be a scribe for the judge (taking notes for the judge). Because Justine is scared of life she DID NOT want to do it. But she did great and it was a good little learning time. (I told her if I had to face my fear and work at a boot store which was terrifying, she could do this.)


 

After the rabbit show I worked in our boot store booth. I got to know Nick's wife whom I now officially adore. Sweet heart!

 

And all his cute girls and beautiful new son.

And we had a super fun time when it poured buckets of rain. Our tent was leaking and caving in and we got drenched trying to save shoes. I liked it. I love storms.


We had to close our canvas to save our "store". It was nice to watch my boss deal with the chaos of the storm. Boots getting wet, things blowing around, chaos in the air, people cramming in our booth to stay dry.... he was basically not reactive. Calm and steady. I so appreciate that.


All drenched waiting for the rain to stop.


Two best friends on the planet.


That's all!

2 comments:

C. Kent Chamberlain said...

Okay, a time consider, and maybe you already did --why do you have a need to wear glitter?

Susan said...

Wendy said...Chamberlain Trying to wrap my head around a rabbit named Preston and a boot store booth at the fair! However, I do agree that you're never too old to sparkle! Smart girl! :)
Tiffany said...Love it!!! and your picture wrapped in the blanket is too cute. You look awesome.
Susan said...lol! We name all the rabbits people names. We have logan, channing, milo, ashton, hank, august...
Nancy said...You are never too old to sparkle. Remind me to tell you a story about glitter.
Susan said...I bet a preschool teacher has a great story about glitter.
Aine said...Totally agree with the Sparkle thing. Are you working the whole fair? Crystal and I have sinus infections, but we're on antibiotics, so I'm thinking of taking the kids sometime this week... And wasn't that storm FABULOUS??
Susan said...I will be there most of the week after 2. Not wed or fri.
Susan said...Feel better!
Melanie said...I. Love. Glitter. I wear it all the time, so there, Corey! One time I dropped a Lindor truffle on to some glitter. I didn't let that stop me. I brushed it off as best I could, and yes. I ate it anyway. So I could say that I was so sparkly that even my poop glittered! I didn't watch to verify. It could just be that my guts are full of sparkle....
Susan said...It's settled then! We can wear glitter!...or eat it. or other things....I am glad you are back!!!!
Jeri said...okay girls- there is edible glitter and gold dust too. Its beautiful on things you bake to take places.
Mary said...I use edible glitter all the time-especially on holiday cheesecakes, comes in about 6 colors(Michael's)
Linda said...I love that our girls are such good friends. And we love your girl, well girlS, just as much!
Bill said...Susan......you are beautiful, don't let the world influence you differently. You're not old but you're too old to be wearing glitter. Loraine and I see women all the time trying to fit in with the young and it makes them look insecure.......There you go!
Juanita said...That's not true, there's different degrees of glitter. Have fun and enjoy this life we have here now. Even the Lords house will have tiles of different colored gems. And you are not OLD, your wonderful. I love listening to your blog.
Melanie said..it has nothing to do with trying to fit in with the young kids. It's just being ourselves and if we want to sparkle then I think we are old enough to just sparkle!! Why do people assume that if someone wants to do something different, and be different, then we are trying to fit in somewhere?? •*°*•:.:•*°*•¤:. There. I just glitter bombed you. and I wasnt trying to fit in....
Bill said...How do I get this damn stuff off me now?
Melanie said...You can't until you clap your hands and say "I believe in faeries!" 3 times. Otherwise, have fun sparkling....and have fun trying to explain to Loraine how you are suddenly all glittery.
Bill said...I hate showers at 1am.........dang it!
Bill said...What's a faerie? Ha...
Melanie said...Pfft. That glitter ain't coming off with a shower, I can tell you that much.
Melanie said...I'm the one that threw the glitter bomb, so...my rules. it's watery proof glitter. I picked it up from a voodoo woman I met last week in the dominican republic. I knew it would come in handy....
Bill said...I'm melting.................I'​m melting!..................​..........................​....POOF!
Melanie said...Hmmm. I guess the voodoo woman tossed in a little extra something in the glitter. *brushes hands off*. That was easy.
Susan said...LOL!
Melanie said...Now that my feathers are back to normal, I'm seeing the posts about edible glitter....oh, Thorrrrrrrr..... (See y'all later...)
Kassidy said...Reading comments and sees Melanie say Thor, what did i miss?!
Kassidy said..Oh my gosh.. read every comment. you guys... i just... i just love you Melanie!!!
Melanie said...‎;)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...