Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blecka.

"Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Not the best day today. I had an appointment with Kristopher and was crying before I even entered his office.
He says I am too hard on myself and don't have to be perfect. I said I am too sensitive to be out in the world making mistakes because it hurts too much. He said that is when you tell yourself, "I don't like it, that's okay, I can take it anyway."
I share this again because it is true. Life hurts. Super Hero told me everyone is there drudging along in life with me.
I guess we are all trying to get through the muck of it all and to find peace and happiness. And things happen along the way that hurt and drag you down and sometimes cause you intolerable anxiety or regret or hurt. And to get through those times you pray of course, and also tell yourself things like "I can't control or fix everything, it is what it is, I don't like it, that's okay, I can take it anyway." You basically sooth your sad little brain. It works.
My sweet soul sista friend told me you pray to Heavenly Father to take away your pain from certain regrets. And she said Jesus takes them away and she said it is magic. I smiled. It isn't magic. It's the Atonement. I guess that is magic though, do you agree?
Another interesting thing Kristopher and I discussed today about trying to save people from pain. He said when you are trying to save your children or other people in codependent ways you are actually trying to save them from something that even Jesus had to go through. Pain. And we are not better than Jesus.
Kristopher tries to emulate Jesus. He brings me great peace. Grateful. Grateful.
Don't you love my Emerson quote? So profound and comforting.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...