Friday, November 16, 2012

It was a doozie, alright!

I have really really great girl friends. I am abundantly blessed with close, lovely, deep relationships with women. In lots of different areas of my life. I am lucky. I needed to acknowledge that. I am blessed.

I have a friend Linda who has been my friend forever. We raised our babies together, served in scouts together, went through illnesses and heart ache together, and shared many laughs together. I love her  Saturday I went to a bridal shower she threw for her future daughter in law. As we were setting up the table I made her pose for a picture (yea, it's blurry). She had done such a nice job on the cupcakes and the whole shower in general. But I made her pose because I just felt like we were passing some sort of a important threshold in our lives. We are  entering a new stage of having adult children and adding in laws to our lives. It is just so strange. I almost cried because I was so taken by it.


This week I found out one of my other great friends (Melanie) is going to be a grandma. This friend can't just help but be beautiful no matter what. And she loves glitter also. She is sort of a sexy gal. Is that weird for me to say? She just has a way about her that is lovely, and beautiful and "fergie" like. You know, Fergie? From Black Eyed Peas? Melanie is Fergie like. When I told her I couldn't believe she was going to be a grandma she told me she was going to be "grandmalicious". I busted up. Right on friend.

The other night me and a bunch of girls got together and had an education class on sex taught by Kristopher, who is an expert apparently. I think he had to take a million courses on it in his studies or something, I can't quite remember.

The class was a doozie. I'll just leave it at that for now. Us girls cracked up all night. And I mean cracked up.I know some funny people and the night was just so much fun.

 I am so thankful for the women I know.


Also the other night we went roller skating with our church. What a crazy blast that is. I can't really roller skate much anymore. And I spent most of my time helping Bo who was incredibly whinny after he fell. But it was great fun.



Kate was having so much fun with little Lexie. They went around and around holding onto the bar.



Kate's teacher, Janet, and her nice husband, spent time with Kate and Sammy helping them skate. So nice. I need all the help I can get!






1 comment:

Terri Porter said...

Oh Boy!!! That place brings back nightmares. Makes my shoulder hurt just thinking about it...

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...