Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving day!

 Because I have not had my own thanksgivings I don't really have any traditional foods (besides the main things of course) that I serve every year. So I just went for it with reckless abandon. The thing I really noticed was missing was some sort of jello yummy salad. I think my mom use to make a cherry chiffon salad because that keeps coming to my mind. I also definitely missed my stuffed mushrooms but they were just too much work on top of everything else. 

So...because I have a thing for taking pictures of food...Here you go...

Vegetable Casserole... (With fresh mushrooms and carrots from our garden.)


The turkey cooked in broth and was so tender it busted right in half when I put it on the platter. It was pretty moist! And barbaric.



Sweet Potato casserole (I DO NOT like marshmallows! Or canned sweet potatoes!)


Stuffing (Not good, I need a recipe. I am wondering about a sausage stuffing...help)


I made sure we had three cans of olives. I wanted the kids to have as many as they wanted!


Canned gelatnious cranberry sauce. JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT.



A ranch cheese ball. The family was horrified at how huge it was. However...yep. Gone by day 2.




Enjoying her time out. I love her little cat under her arm.


Store bought rolls, stuffed celery and....water!!! I spaced making some sort of fancy drink!

It was super hard to get a decent picture of my table. The kitchen was too bright and I don't have a decent camera....







FINALLY....I used some of my HUGE salt and pepper collection. It was a JOY!



Pictures of the love in our family. (You know...the whole 10 minutes of it in between all the fighting!)


I have to say it. I just do. I CANNOT stand those wrinkleiness by my eyes!!! WHEN THE STUPIDNESS OF ALL THE WORLD DID THAT HAPPEN????????? I DESPISE IT. I do however love Kate's eyes in all the pictures. She does this thing we call "Crazy eyes". We think she is pretty funny.




Crazy angled picture but I love what a truly sweet big brother Nathan is. He was playing with a bouncy ball with Bo. You can see Bo's head and Nathan getting ready to catch it. Nathan was doing this in between trying to watch a movie. Nathan is just a joy. RARELY does he ever lose his temper with the kids. Sometimes he does play WAY to rough and hurts Bo but in general he is a great boy.




Corey carving the turkey. I love the tradition of the man carving the turkey. Is it like that in all families? My turkey was not brown. But it was moist....

Duh nuh nuh nuh!!!! Dinner is served!





And now for dessert...


Dessert cheese ball with teddy grahams!


Seriously yummy peanut butter dessert with Oreos. I hadn't had an Oreo for like 6 months. They are so yummy!


Nathan's favorite blueberry cheesecake that he and his Aunt Sherri made.







Crazy eyes!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...