Monday, April 29, 2013

go to bed already!


I don't know why but it really bugs me to have a bunch of emails and FB messages that I don't need that I just need to go through and delete. So that is what I have been doing. Deleting everything I don't need. Feels likes sort of a waste of time.

But I found this funny thing that is EXACTLY what happens at my house(minus ironing and button sewing!). In fact, it is why I stay up so late. Because it is too much work to get to bed. Lol.

WHY I LOVE  MOM
 

Mom  and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, "I'm tired, and it's getting  late. I think I'll go to bed."

 
  She  went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's  lunches.
Rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out  of the freezer for supper the following evening, checked the cereal  box levels,  filled the sugar container, put spoons and bowls  on the table and  started the coffee pot for brewing the next  morning.
  

She  then put some wet clothes in the dryer, put a load of clothes into  the washer, ironed a shirt and secured a loose  button.

She  picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on  the charger and put the telephone book into the  drawer.

She  watered the plants, emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to  dry.
 

She  yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the  desk and wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the  field trip, and pulled a text book out  from hiding under the  chair.


She  signed a birthday card for a friend, addressed and stamped the  envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store. She  put  both near her purse.

Mom then washed her face with 3  in 1 cleanser, put on her Night solution & age fighting  moisturizer, brushed and flossed her  teeth and filed her  nails.

Dad  called out, "I thought you were going to  bed."
"I'm  on my way," she said.

 

She  put some water into the dog's dish and put the cat outside, then  made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was  on.


She  looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and  TV's, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into  the hamper,  and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing  homework.  

In  her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day,  straightened up the shoe rack. She added three  things to her 6  most important things to do list. She said her prayers,  and  visualized the accomplishment of her  goals.  

About  that time, Dad turned off the TV and  announced to no one in  particular. "I'm going to bed."
 

And  he did...without another thought.

Anything extraordinary here?  Wonder why women
  live  longer...?
 

CAUSE WE ARE MADE FOR  THE LONG HAUL..... (and we can't die sooner, we still have things to  do!!!!)
   

Funny, huh! I liked it.

Our kid's school has been collecting shoes to send to 3rd world countries. Our school has collected 2000!!!!! Amazing. I am so proud of the lady who organized this. I want to do big things like that but I am weary.

I totally lost it tonight. Corey brought home pizza and I ate a lot (and...I don't like pizza). And then I went to the gas station and got two candy bars. I am so disappointed in myself. I don't know why I do it. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um - you do it because it is deliciousness and because it is OK to have a treat every now and then and because you deserve an off day and just ENJOY it and don't feel all GUILTY over it. You will get right back on the horse tomorrow and continue down your path of awesomeness like you always do!
p.s. I have always liked that poem and can totally relate to it myself - except maybe with replacing a few of the cleaning parts for other more selfish things I do at night! (FB and blogs - LOL)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...