Wednesday, April 24, 2013

High School Happenings.

 

I found this super funny.

Kassidy is killing me. How is she graduating? It hurts my heart and thrills me all at the same time.

She is going to Prom (I'm chaperoning! heck yes!) She is going to an all night party for graduation night (I'm chaperoning! Heck yes!) Maybe it is just because she is my first but I want to see all these important milestones.

So, we went Prom dress shopping and then out to lunch with some of her girl friends. It was fun (even though she got fairly tissy when the dress wasn't working the way she wanted). She has been blessed with sweet friends. And one sweet sister.



 

Her dress is like this one only a teal color.

It is very important to me not to raise entitled children. It can happen even if you don't mean it to. I have actually been very glad we couldn't indulge her or I might have. She paid for her own prom dress rental, cap and gown, yearbook, and many other things. And she never complains. Recently it occurred to me...am I supposed to get her a graduation gift? I have friends who have done trips, laptops, etc...and I have friends who have done nothing. I want to do something...but not much. Suggestions?

The young looking girl in the middle is actually Kassidy's history teacher. WE LOVE HER. She is southern and she is so fun to listen to. I want to listen to her all day long. She has done similar for Kassidy as her beloved 8th grade teacher did. Loved her. Played around with her. Made her feel important.


The teacher put on an improv night. They did games like on that show "Who's line is it?". It was such a fun night.

 

I can't think of anything more terrifying than being in an impov. But the kids did GREAT. Kassidy was funny and did an awesome job.

People who know me know I am not a laugh out louder. It gets so embarrassing when my boss tells me jokes because I am just not amused easily sometimes. But this improve had me laughing out loud the whole night. Fun.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...