Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Frozen Chicken Spaghetti



Kassidy has adored Lord of the Rings forever. She was so cute and excited for the hobbit to come out. She felt like her life was complete. She is such a funny dramatic little person. I love her.

So she decided it would be the best thing ever to get the DVD from Wal-mart when it came out at midnight  I thought I would be a super awesome mom and take her.

We came early and wandered a bit keeping our eye on things so that we could be first in line to get the Hobbit.

Turns out...No one cared but my girl. We even had to have the worker dig it out of a box at midnight. Kassidy was the only one interested. It cracked us up. The next day Rhett was so cute.

Him: "Did she get the Hobbit?"

Me: "Yep"

Him: "Was she first in line?"

Me: "Yep, Son. She certainly was." Lol.

And he was very happy about that.


Today was group with Kristopher. He shared with us a story which basically was about good things coming from his pain. He said we are trained in life to run from pain and to avoid pain and to keep our selves and children away from pain.

He just doesn't get that anymore. I am sure at one time he must have. But now he just looks at pain as such an opportunity to grow and create good things from your life that he just doesn't even seem to see pain as a bad thing. He is always very compassionate but he always asks about how that pain is a good thing. Or what do you see as the "best news of the day" out of that pain... He is like clock work with that thinking.

Let's face it. It gets annoying.

HA HA HA.

Just kidding. I like him. I believe in his theory. I do.

Okay. We have to discuss something totally bizzarro wild. When I was taking Justine to get an MRI for her forever messed up ankle...there were two Glendas that helped us right in a row. What in the world!

But....more crazy than that is this.

So, we were watching the TV in the waiting room. It was Rachel Ray. The guy was teaching us how to make carb free spaghetti.

Then he took chicken and ice and powdered egg whites and blended it all up and put it in a squeeze jar.

THEN.... HE SQUIRTED IT IN SUPER HOT WATER AND IT TURNED INTO INSTANT SPAGHETTI  It was the weirdest, almost grodiest thing ever.


But yet, VERY fascinating.

So those strands you see that look like spaghetti? Frozen blended chicken squirted into hot water. *shiver*


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...