Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I just have stuff to say.


My niece has dread locks.

I cannot help but love them.   I just love her actually.
 

I am so very proud of her and love her for marching to her own drum. She is unique and smart and fascinating. And I love her dread locks and all the cool beads and peacock fake dread locks she puts in them.

She was eight when I married Corey. I was ecstatic to be an Aunt. I found a way to have her and her little sister Allison in my wedding. They handed out silly little quotes to people that I just thought were so romantic. Ha ha.

I love that now she is grown, we are friends. I love that whenever we see each other we hug. I don't know why I love that. I guess connection (Kristopher says we in a world of people starving for connection).

SO here is her latest cool hair.





AND...COOL Baskin Robbins news!!!! Today was our weekly visit. AND...it just so happened to be customer appreciation day and we received two LARGE scoops for a dollar each. SCORE. Normally it is a dollar for a baby scoop.

Here is Rhett having a sample. That is a requirement. And then it is a requirement that I still get the same flavor anyway.

Happy Birthday to Corey! He hiked 16 miles. That is his idea of F.U.N. WEIRD!

I didn't make him a cake. I'm lamo like that. In fact, he didn't even have ice cream. I was too full from Baskin Robbins! Ha ha. Just kidding!  I bought him his favorite chips and salsa from our local Mexican restaurant.


There was a really hot springs he sat in. (Some of you may remember this and this horrid hike I went on....I might try it again this year now that I have lost weight...)


He just got back from being out of town. Little miss Katie missed him. It was pretty sweet. He was so happy to get to eat at Skippers everyday. Our Skippers closed down years ago and he hasn't been the same since.


Since I showed you the horrible hiking links of me, here is a recent picture (in my new Jay Lo (who cares!) shirt). I own no shirt sleeve shirts! I had to buy one!) This is my friend Aine! She is 42 and pregnant! She deserves an AWARD! She is so so great. I adore her. She has the best happiest laugh ever.


Shoot! I have too much to say. My BFF started college yesterday. She text me during the day and said she was having the time of her life. She said one whole class applauded her for going back to school. She said that made it all worth it. :) I'm so proud of her! I miss having her to call everyday (even thought it has only been two days) but she is awesome. And she is going to change history!
 
CHRISTINA! Your turn is coming. Don't lose hope.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...