Sunday, April 14, 2013

The power of distraction!


It seems like it might have been a WHOLE year since I worked on my quiet book pages. I am making them purely because they give me something creative and fun to do. No other reason. In fact, when my kids want to play with them I get nervous because I want to keep them protected.

I have always been a person who must be doing something. I use to cross stitch or write stories. I always had a book in my hand. I could and can NEVER just sit and watch TV. I have to  blog or scrapbook or sew or eat.

I sort of quit scrap booking. My blog covers my life enough and when pictures became digital I got so behind with too many pictures and I just lost all hope. SO I quit. Leaving me a bit bored.

So one day I saw adorable quiet book pages on Pinterest (can we have a moment of silence for the wonderfulness of all that is Pinterest) and I made one. And then I made more. And I really enjoyed it. And it just keeps me busy in a low key, relaxing way.

I also learned that it is VERY important for me to keep busy in that way. Or I get obsessive and depressed. In the OCD book they call it distraction. It is one of the actual steps in recovering from OCD. Staying distracted.

And this week when I decided to start working on the quiet book pages again, I remembered how important distraction is for me. I have felt a lot of hope in my day knowing I have something enjoyable to work on. Does anyone else feel this way?

So...here is my next page. I got the pattern mostly from this AMAZING TALENTED person. I am grateful she shares her patterns.

 

 (The owl flies in and out and the tree branch lifts up to show the chickies)

 

 (I made up this page. Yay me. You unsnap and rearrange the things the raccoon is holding)



and here are links to my previous pages if you want to check them out.

http://moreholinessgive.blogspot.com/2012/04/quiet-book-page.html

http://moreholinessgive.blogspot.com/2012/04/yay-for-projects.html

http://moreholinessgive.blogspot.com/2011/12/quiet-book-page-number-two.html

http://moreholinessgive.blogspot.com/2011/11/justine-has-been-taking-4-h-class-on.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The raccoon is adorable! You are awesome. Period.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...