Wednesday, October 14, 2009

AND SO IT BEGINS...








I am not sure what is up with this trend of taking pictures of yourself while pouting but it seems to be the new thing. I find these pictures of Kassidy all the time. They crack me up.
Kassidy started a cute blog called "Kassidy's life". I had to smile at her last post which was :

" I started drivers ed yesterday!!!!! I am so excited!!!!! And tomorrow I start driving a car!! A real life car! And it is only the second drivers ed class!!! I can't wait till I start driving it is going to be so cool, so much fun, so scary, and crazy, and......... nerve racking!!!"

Cute, huh?

Then yesterday as I was driving her to her hip hop dance class (smiley face, she has to do a headstand!) I hear this:


"Mom, your doing it wrong...

Before you drive walk around the back to make sure no toys, children, or anything behind you

lock your door

Adjust your seat

Put your steering wheel down so you're wrist is hang over the steering wheel

Keep your thumbs to the side so the air bag doesn't blow them off (really?)

You didn't look both ways

Do you have your seat belt on?

Hold the steering wheel at 3 and 9

No crossovers (don't cross your hands while your turning)

Your windshield needs to be clean

Speed limit! Mom

Hold you key between your middle finger and your index finger to injure car thiefs "(as she puts the keys in position for me)


WOW! Not so cute anymore. Suddenly she's the instructor!

5 comments:

Terri Porter said...

Cute blog Susan.....It's funny when the kids "think" they know more than the parent....You are now entering our life...The stage of raising kids and not just producing them. FUN isn't it? Well...isn't it?

Susan said...

well, i do don't i?! :)
kassidy

Emily said...

Yeah, Nate gives me driving tips all the time: "Don't go 52 in a 35!" He almost pulled me over the other day, then he realized it was his wife speeding! Embarrassing!

Unknown said...

When I took drives ed it was put your hands at 10 and 2, I guess things have changed in the last 16 years! I only have a couple of years and my oldest can start drivers ed, I am so not looking forward to it. He is 11 1/2 and things he knows everything.

Kassidy Akkula said...

He he he he. Iyam a shmartie pantsh.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...