Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is it just me or...


SHOULDN'T DRIVER'S ED TEACHERS BE PAID MORE??? (not that I want to pay more. but still...)

Isn't it scary to let a kid drive 40 MPH who has only driven in the parking lot twice? I really like the Drivers Ed Teacher, she is very nice and she is doing a great job. BUT, I would think she'd be a little scared for her life! I know she has breaks on her side of the car and all but does she have some special button to prevent... oh I don't know... total freak out of a 15 year whose brain isn't even completely developed yet? My kid said she was so scared her hands were shaking as she clamped onto the steering wheel. What if she lost it and just swerved like a crazy person! I asked one of the cute boys I drive home if he drove that fast and he was all smiles. "I drove 45!" "Were you scared?" "Uh, Yeah!" Cute. Everyday when I see the teacher she is just calm, and quiet, with a smile on her face.

If you ask me,
driver's Ed teachers have GUTS!

I never had drivers ed. My mom taught me in the church parking lot. I had to learn to drive the stick shift of our old white Datsun. It literally took me two weeks! I thought I was doing great until my friend learned in like an hour but it was still fun times. I don't ever remember my mom getting mad at me, not one time, either.

When I went to take the test I stalled the care three times! The guys said "You gonna have to do better than that!" No pressure there!


My parents bought me this car. I loved it! It was crazy. I called it the "squash mobile" because of it's color. It was a Plymouth Duster and was groovy in it's day. It drove great. The dog was my sweet little dog named "Licorish", loved her.


When I first got my license I hit two parked cars and received a ticket all at age 15 and 16. Since then though, no accidents or tickets. Although I have been pulled over about 4 times when the speed ohmmeter on our car was broken. Just warnings though. I almost freaked out when I had a sleeping baby in the back of the car and he asked me if I had been drinking! What the Chicken?(I'll explain that in a later post) I was indignant! "NO!" Then the other time I was on my way to Arctic Circle to get us shakes at 10:30 at night. I wish I was able to lie when he asked me where I was going. Lets face it! When you haven't lost all your baby weight it just doesn't look so great to be heading to Arctic Circle at 10:30 at night.

My husband made me do it.

For reals!

P.S. After I wrote this post I dropped Kassidy off for more driving with her teacher. Corey was with me. He is home sick from work. As he saw the teacher and driving students walk off together, he muttered "Poor soul." HA! I never even told him about my blog either.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...