Saturday, October 3, 2009

Girls are great!


Justine is so cute. For months and months now she has given me play by play detailed updates about what her little brother and sister do that she thinks is cute. It is fun to have someone experience the same joy in those last two little kiddipoos as I do. Tonight she and Bo were in bed together. He wants to sleep with her every night. She told me she was yawning and she told him to yawn and he tried but said he couldn't. And she described in detail how he opened his mouth but it wasn't a yawn and he was trying to yawn but couldn't. It was funny to us. I can see how it isn't even funny to any one else but she loves them so much and she thinks everything they do is so funny and cute. She tells me everything in DETAIL that they do that might be funny or cute. I mean EVERYTHING! I don't know how she even remembers it all. I love that she does this because of course it brings me joy to hear of the cute things they do that I might miss. She really loves those two and she really is there second mom. Truly. They will have such fond memories of her someday. They love her so much. I deeply appreciate all her help.



Now because Kassidy and Justine are in EXTREME competition I must share something about Kassidoo. (as her adorable 8th grade teacher nick named her). This child reads all the time.

I LOVE THAT! I LOVE READERS! I LOVE READING!

She came up to my room tonight and looked at my book shelf and randomly picked up a book and asked if it was good. When I told her yes, she just sighed loudly. "What?" I asked her. (You sure do have to maintain teenagers with a lot of whats? to see if everything is okay from literally one moment to the next.)

"There are just too many books to read in this world." she says.

I smile.
I know EXACTLY how she feels.

I share that same burden.


1 comment:

Janetlee said...

Such good girls! Blessings from heaven....to help us not go completely crazy. Challis and Josie have saved me so many times.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...