Thursday, October 22, 2009

Faster than a speeding bullet!

It was a happy day for Lynn at the Plasma Center today. Lynn was the cute young guy who got my plasma donation started. He was very excited to see that I surpassed any record he had seen by donating 2 minutes faster. So for the quantity of plasma I donated I was done in 45 minutes. Plus I saved 3 lives. Good day. Seriously, he was really happy about it.

I have been donating for almost a year. It is good little money that you can't count on for anything (if you get sick, had surgery, don't plan your schedule right, and a few other misc. things, than you cannot donate for a while) but it is good to have for things like basketball, dance costume, misc. Christmas presents, etc... I get 50$ a week, I save three lives a donation, and I get to recline back and read. It's is great.

When we drive by the Plasma Center I crack myself up by telling the kids, "that's where I work". When they are unappreciative I can tell them, "Hey! I sold my blood so you can have that!" I can go to dinner with my friends guilt free because I'm using my plasma money.

The best part as I mentioned before is that I get to read. Almost a whole hour (unless I am breaking records) to sit and read. Glorious. It irritates me when I see people sit and do nothing. I want to yell "Do something! Read a book! Expand your mind..." Sorry that was a little haughty.

I joined a book club because my friend did and I didn't like being left out. I didn't want to join that badly because they were reading the classics. BORING. Or so I thought! The two books I have read/am still reading so far have been very enjoyable and there is just something enlightening to them. It is weird. I guess that is why they are the classics. So I am happy about that and I feel all smart. The one I am working on right now is the biography of Annie Sullivan. The teacher to Helen Keller. What a life. It is AMAZING. She really had a hard life in the beginning. So inspiring.

Anyhow, even though Lynn was ecstatic about my EXTRAORDINARY donation record, part of me felt jipped out of my last little bit of reading time.

1 comment:

Stacy Cover said...

Love reading the classics! Love that your saving lives, too!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...