Sunday, October 25, 2009

JENN JENN


This is my best friend from High school.

Isn't she beautiful?

I wanted to cry when I saw this picture of her on her sister's Face Book. She looked so wonderfully happy with that new babe. We have been horrible "keeper uppers" (haven't talked to her in YEARS), but I still love her to death. We shared some of our best pre-children days together. This is her sixth baby.

As teenager we use to talk on the phone all the time. Those were the days when we had cords so often I was talking in front of parents. If we ever had something we couldn't discuss at the moment we had a secret code to say we can't talk about it. It was "black jellybeans". Funny. We used it for our whole friendship. We shared clothes, went to a bazillion stake dances together, wrestled her little brother Lukie till we laughed so hard we cried, and just spent millions of hours together. She was the sister I didn't have.

She had 7 siblings. I had all my children because seeing her and her large family was such a joy and I so wanted that. They were my siblings too at the time. Her sweet mama was my second mom. I remember she wrote a letter to Madonna to inform her what a strong influence she was to young people and how she basically needed to shape up. Loved her. (mom, not Madonna)


Anyways, adore and love and hold in the highest regard, this girl! Love this earth life where we can have friendships that will be eternal,... I hope. No, I am sure that is how it must work. It wouldn't be right any other way.

Love you...Jenn Jenn.

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

Such a sweet tribute to your friend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture :) I love your blog.

Tiffany Parkin

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...