Monday, June 3, 2013

Class of 2013!


My girl graduated!!!! So very weird to have a kid this old! 

She was so super stressed out about all the end of year stuff. She even cried when I suggested we buy her a new dress because she couldn't handle the stress of it.

Her goal has been to go on a mission. But she has really been struggling with that choice even though she desperately wants to. Now she is wondering if she would benefit from a bit of college first since she has never even been away from home. I told her either choice was a great choice. And I mean it.

Since graduating she has spent so so much time with friends. I understand. She is in transition. And it is scary.

I love this picture of the girls getting ready for graduation. 


We never tried on her gown before hand. What do I know? I never had a kid graduate before! When she tried it on it was above her short dress and look ridiculous. She was going to cry and when she gets stressed she gets a bit nasty and it is best just to leave her alone. So I did. And the second her teacher Mrs. T. arrived I nicely sent her to go deal with her.

In about two seconds she came out with Kassidy and was scanning all the boys and convinced this cute student to swap with Kassidy. Kassidy was so grateful to him she hugged him. And he was so sweet to trade and said he liked the shorter one better. It was a big deal to Kassidy and I am glad Mrs T. agreed and knew how to fix the problem so easy. I love this small school where the kids get so bonded and full of trust for their teacher. It is lovely.



The great thing about a small school graduation???? It doesn't last three hours!!!!!!!!

And it was so personalized to the kids. It was awesome. Each kid was mentioned and they also did a slide show with each kid and their teacher was actually their speaker. I loved that. What better person to give them advice then the person they became bonded too and who knew them collectively best! 

Mrs T. gave them one last piece  of advice. And it is honestly the best advice I could hope for for my girl.

BE BRAVE.

How important that is. 

Sometimes things hurt and are scary. But you have to be brave. And carry on. SO GOOD.


This is Kassidy. She was leading us in the Pledge of Allegiance. Don't you love the title "Pledge of Allegiance? I am touched by it.



The school choir sang. They are DECENT! Nathan is in the front in black. Remember because he joined to go to Lagoon? lol.



So Mrs. T. arranged this special musical. It was so sweet and personal to the Senior class. I am not sure how this came to be but these four kids were part of the Senior group as they had all the same classes with the Seniors.  But they were only Juniors. They were affectionately called "The Juniors" They were well loved. 

For some reason Mrs. T sang Soft Kitty opera style one day. Soft kitty is that crazy song from that show The Big Bang Theory. Apparently Kassidy started singing along and it appalled Mrs T. and they have had a game over it every since. With Kassidy singing it and Mrs. T adding a picture of a creepy guy with Kassidy to her slide show page. Every time Kassidy sang soft kitty Mrs T. made creepy caveman dude bigger. It was great fun for them.

Kassidy even surprised Mrs. T. by singing it for one of her school monologues she was giving that was supposed to be serious. Kassidy also found a soft kitty shirt and wore that to school one day. It was so fun to hear all of the funny things Kassidy wanted to do to get her teacher.

So the Juniors began their musical number playing Soft Kitty. Mrs. T became appalled!!!! They kept playing. The Juniors began to sing and finally Mrs T stopped them and then she finished the song. It was hysterical. I even believed she was mad at first and Kassidy was horrified! It was great. Mrs. T. was great fun to play along and then burn her.

Then the Juniors played "Time of Your Life". They did a great job. It was so sweet. And it meant a lot to the Seniors.



And then....with a hug from her principal (love him and love thta he will hug her) and her name announced...she walked across the stage and graduated. Be still my soul.




Our family waved these crazy signs. We had twelve of them. She never saw them. But I passed them all out to her friends afterwards and she was quite horrified when she saw them and then totally amused. 


Feeling the love of all her friends. She took forever to hang with them and say goodbye.








The Senior class also had 5 exchange students that the class grew to love very much. (One was the boy who traded Kassidy gowns) My friend Terri is the host mom to two and when she first started doing it I was like WHY would you want to deal with more kids!!! (She has six also) But now I can see how much good she is doing. And how much love she gives to the girls. And I am proud of her.




Mr. E. Her 8th grade teacher turned Principal. Seriously GREAT guide in her life.


Mrs. T. and Mr T. Kassidy loves Mr. T. She called him Uncle Jake and was a little possessive when the other kids tried to as well. He was so nice and understanding about that.


And...we had a great night because the little kids were happily playing with a baby sitter and we had a peaceful night and graduation, and then went out to dinner to  a real restaurant as a family. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED. It is too much money for a family our size. The kids LOVED it!


Isn't he a doll?


Grandmas and Grandpas on both sides came, and Aunt Sherri. They were thankful for a short graduation also. LOL.

It was a great night.

GREAT JOB, KASSIDY!






No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...