Saturday, June 15, 2013

more camping pitures



I never got the rest of our camping trip blogged. I have to make a HUGE deal out of it so the kids REMEMBER I camped. Not often but I did! And sort of the sad thing is now that I am more willing, my work schedule may not allow me.





Justine's little camera is probably the best on the whole family. She gets some great close ups and she had a good little eye!




She told someone the other day when she graduated she was gong to go live up at college. I thought she'd stay home for a year. Because she is a home body. I thought I was going to have to force her out the door for her own good. I thought I would be forced to let he live at home for the first year because she needed more time to fly the coop. My HEART about gave out right then and there. I almost needed someone to shock my heart back to life. I  will die when she leaves. DIE. What a mean plan of life. Get us all in love with these kids and then they have to leave us. And NO! It is not just because she is my kid's 2nd mom and I need her. okay...maybe a teeny bit is.


The first game we played we let the "littles" play with us. KATE WON!!!!! It was great and she was sp proud!!!  The next game BO WON!!!!!  We love card games.

I will admit I have a few leftover wounds from playing Uno with my dad and brother. We would gang up on each other and try and make one lose. It was kind of ouchie.


One year Corey built a swing and we (he) packs it to all the different camp sites. For reals...Corey knows how to camp!










Okay... so sorry if this grosses you out. But we don't camp in a trailer or by a camp site with bathrooms. So Corey came up with this idea. He took a camp chair and cut a hole in it so it is a toilet chair. It stays clean. Honest. And then you just bury the "stuff" and go on your way.

So Corey told Rhett to cut a few branches off this tree to make a little spot for the bathroom. Without Corey really paying attention....Rhett cut a few too many. And basically we had a hole inside the whole tree to sit in. It was like a little tree cave. And that was our bathroom. It is not the best picture because I didn't want to photograph the whole thing. Your welcome. But you would be completely hidden when using the bathroom sitting inside this tree. 




I don't know what it is about Bo but he loves to collect "treasures". And they really revolve around sticks when we are camping. He lugged this one around with him and he didn't want help!






Some how during horse play Rhett was pushed into stinging neddle. Yeah, it was pretty annoying to him.


I HONESTLY don't know one single person in the whole face of the earth who loves camping more than my husband.


Close to where they camp is the HUGE slide. They had quite a bit of fun. It was before I made it up so there weren't very many pictures.






So for years now, before going camping we take a porch picture of whomever goes camping. Since I was joining later, I am not in the picture. I think someday all these pictures will be one of my greatest treasures because you will be able to see the children change.





So since it is Father's Day I should mention that probably the most wonderful thing I think Corey has given our children is the love camping and his time out there with them. I think it is a true gift to them. They would NEVER have that if it was just up to me. And I think it is a blessing them.


When I first arrived at camp Kate asked if I wanted to see her computer. She scaled this tree and sat at her "desk" and typed on her computer. Imaginative play like that thrills me. (something is messed up and a lot of my pictures are distorted. Boo.)





Cheese balls are a camping must for me. When I eat them though I must admit I think I am eating not real food. Like I always wonder..."Is this even really food?"




 We love this miniature hot chocolate cup. Perfect calories amount for me!


Playing on a rock field.



Bye ya!




No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...