Sunday, June 2, 2013

new VAN. And popcorn party



So I haven't mentioned some VERY happy news for our family. We finally decided the stress of a car payment was less then the stress of dealing with a broken down van all the time.

So we bought a van! It is like 10 years old but in really great condition and doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it so far. (fingers crossed)

The kids are SO excited. It makes me happy that they keep talking about how incredibly nice the van is (It's 10 years old). They all go on and on about it. And I am happy they appreciate it.



This was our used car sales man. He was GREAT. I mean it. He never told us one thing that didn't seem genuine (and trust me, Corey is as skeptical AS THEY COME) and he was very forthright and down to earth. And low pressure. He didn't put on the usual "act" that sales men do. We REALLY liked  him.



My heart is a bit broken. I have been "off the wagon" for a good two weeks now and I don't know how to get back on. You often see people lose weight only to gain it all back. That is because it is hard people! You have to be diligent every minute practically. I will rock it all day only to blow it in the evening. That usually happens when I let myself get too hungry and then I blow it. I am scared.


This quote is SO TRUE. I am trying to remember it as I battle.

Today was our last day of school family party. We had pizza, and cookies, and floats, and my popcorn mania! No wonder I am struggling. But it isn't just that. My general resolve is lost. I am desperately  hoping I can find it again.


The popcorn flavoring was a huge hit. We all loved trying every flavor. I think lime and raspberry were probably my favorite. oh...and Parmesan cheese. And my jars look cute too, right?











We get these big bags of popcorn from Kassidy's work. Nice.


Then Corey gave the kids their wards. I have mentioned it before but...I started this years and years ago. It would break my heart that my kids never would get awards at school. So I decided to start doing our own ceremony. We clap for each kid and make a big deal out of it and the kids actually ADORE it. 


Kassidy's friend Beka joined us. We made her an award. She was kind of like...what the heck? But she played along.




Corey hurried and made himself taller when I snapped the picture. His son has finally beat him!!!!


And Rhett is only a year away I bet! And he isn't even 12 yet!




My pictures are always so horrible. I want a nicer camera!

I started the 700 page book. I made a chart to stay on track for my 100 pages a month. I don't care if it takes me 7 months. I want to really grasp it. Also I still like to read other stuff.




No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...