Saturday, June 22, 2013

work party, non-drinking, non pillowhiding



Phew! Life has been nuts. Having the kids home for the summer is great and hectic. I saw this in FB and I thought it was the funniest thing on planet earth.

Dear humans, Remember how your parents always told you that we were more afraid of you than you were of us? We're not. Sincerely, Spiders

Funny, right?

Okay, so remember how I confused why I like Javert so much?

I work with a kid about 23. He is VERY intelligent and he makes for excellent conversation. He is very well rounded and I like that. I always try to talk to him about important stuff because he is interesting. I asked him his opinion on Javert.

He said that Javert was exactly justice. Justice without mercy. He is important because he is symbolic of what our lives would be like without Christ. Pretty great, huh?

So the other day remember I told you how I had to hide behind a pillow in therapy to read from my "journal" that Kristopher made me write....? Well, Kristopher came up with a plan to help me. He asked if there was a way we could arrange ourselves where he wouldn't look at me when I read from my "journaling". It was a perfect plan. So I said it would be enough if he just didn't look at me. He reclined on the couch with his shoes off and stared  away from me and listen. It worked great. I had to remind him a few times that it was okay to look at me when we were talking to each other. Just not while I was reading those private things. It was almost comical because he was a tiny bit confused because he said he wasn't use to not looking at people. I loved that he accommodated me.

Although...since he is all about facing fears, I don't think this luxury will last for long. But it was a good session. I didn't waste half my time procrastinating my reading.

I went to a meeting about common core. It was really well done. I now have lots and lots of questions. So far...I am against common core. And...scared of it!

Last week, Corey's work took us out to dinner. He works for some good people. We really are treated well by them.

They took us to this fancy restaurant that sat by the side of the snake river. It was AMAZING. I love to get together with Corey's co-workers. It is fun.


Andrea




Eating appetizers by on the deck


My non alcoholic fancy drink. I hate that only the people who drink get fun drinks. So I had them make me a fun looking drink. I decided the alcohol is what must make it so great because otherwise it just tasted like punch. lol.

It was so wonderful to eat right by the snake river. Talk about feeling spoiled.



Smoked Salmon and bruschetta


My old friend Stephanie. We have been friends for years. She is actually Corey's 2nd cousin and our husbands happen to work together.

Our view from the table


Corey ordered steak over brussel sprouts and a scalloped potato dish. It was SO GOOD. I loved the b
russel sprouts. They were completely fresh and crunchy.


I don't love steak. It makes my mouth tired! Plus the calories! So I ordered trout. It was delicious. It was over little fingerling potatoes and sausage with garlic. Corey took my broccoli and I took his sprouts! Good trade.


Dessert! Never too chocolaty. And... I ate the rest of Corey's. I am back on the wagon though.





No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...