Sunday, August 11, 2013

The original reason we decided to go to California! (for Jill) One REALLY obnoxious post!


I am a home body. I am content at home. I am not much of a traveler. I doubt my ability to get anywhere by myself and I don't have a GPS.

So a year ago Justine informed me that her FAVORITE boy band One Direction was going on tour and they would be performing an hour a way from where my brother and his family live. My sister in law (who is very well traveled) said she could get tickets and we could come. All of a sudden I was like YES!!! Let's do it! It helped that it was a whole year away and I figured we would deal with getting there later. Fortunately my mom loves her Californian grand kids and was game for an ALL GIRLS TRIP to California!!!!!!


So I told the girls they each had to earn their own money for food and everything and I did the same and my mom treated us to the gas and a few nights at the hotel.

For a full year we saved and planned. Right after we got our tickets we learned they were also performing only three hours away from our house. But I was still glad we got the tickets in California so we would have a great excuse to have an adventure.

Because of the price of the concert tickets, I didn't buy any. But at the last minute two more became available and so my brother and I got to go. I was so happy because I really wanted to experience all the fun things with my girls.

Justine is the cutest thing ever about One Direction. She can't even talk about them without getting so joyfully excited. I really love it. It is darn cute. 

I use to adore Duran Duran so I know exactly how my girl feels. I am in a little trouble at school becasue I let he miss a half day once so she could stay home and watch them on Good Morning America. And now I am letting her miss a morning to watch their new movie coming out soon. I just can't help it. Sometimes these things are just important to a girl.

We love to tease her. Kassidy informed her that someone else was a more devoted fan than her. Justine stops, mid sentence, and went to attack her. Lol.

At the hotel when we were all trying to fall asleep we said we would all dream about our loves. Kassidy was going to dream about Chris Hemsworth and Justine as going to dream about One Direction and I said I was going to dream about Louis. (The only One Direction kid that might be legal for me to like.) She got so irate that someone else might be thinking of her One Direction that she was trying to kick me out of bed, livid. So funny. We laughed and laughed. I told Kristopher how much fun we had laughing all night. I know he gets paid to listen to me but I could tell he was genuinely happy to hear about my joyful experiences with my daughters. Made me happy. (Even though no one can "make" me feel a certain way. Just some Physco talk for you)

So here is my favorite song by One Direction. These boys have some great PR people. They are sending the message out that you are beautiful no matter what just because you are you. And, I believe in a culture obsessed with being perfect, the girls are EATING this up because they need it so desperately. 

Anyway, I can't help it. I love One Direction too. 




Umm.....Yes. That one boy is still in braces. 

The evening of the concert started with a VERY IMPORTANT trip to Office Depot to pose with One Direction and to buy One Direction school supplies. (yes, it was just a poster. Still exciting though!)





We don't have a clue why we are posing with this poster at an office store. But we had to.










My brother highly amused us with his version of being a One Direction boy.





For some dumb reason it was so FUN!

Wow! This post is going to have a trillion non important pictures in it. Just warning you.

So after that life time event we had dinner at a fancy Chinese place that I can't remember the name of. :( Wendy surprised us by treating us. That was really special to the girls since they were using their hard earned money to pay for all their own food.



Justine was so overwhelmed with excitement she was barely "with us" at this point. See her shirt? Its got the boys on it. So cute. And her necklace matches the one Harry wears. Zoe was in full British garb and I wore my red shirt as well.



So then we got to the concert....My brother has a masters degree in parking. And by the end of this trip we had the routine mastered. He'd say everyone out and we'd all jump out and then he'd squeeze into small spots. It was funny.

They had a little photo op set us so the girls got their pictures taken in the phone both which is symbolic of the One Directioners because most of them are from England.




Here is the picture of the world's most completely unorganized t-shirt line. 


I stood here as a manifestation of love for my girl to get her her shirts so she could see the opening act. I felt like an ancient old woman standing in line with all these young girls. The line just kept melting into each other and I swear I ended up further behind a few times! But Justine was so thankful to me, it was worth it of course.



Because my brother and I got our tickets later we didn't sit with the girls. But it was okay. They had better seats and that was awesome. Wendy and I texted through the whole concert.



Zoe!



So we had to wear ear plugs. Justine didn't. But all of the sane people did. Between the girls screaming and the loud music I would have been deaf afterwards. 

It was a good concert. I almost felt like I was watching my own teenage boy down there because I am so old and motherly now. And the boys are really just very young boys. I decided this much adoration cannot be healthy for a young  boy's character. It would be very hard to keep things in perspective. 

None the less.... Here are a few pictures. My brother took a bunch of good ones...










Justine took 200 pictures that looked like this....



and I am not allowed to delete ANY of them.

And she got a few good ones also!!!!! (Some are from the screen but she doesn't care!)

























I had to take my own picture at the concert. Lol


And Wendy took some hilarious ones of the girls. I bribed Justine with paying for her hair cut to allow me to post these. She is horrified by this picture. But it is too good not to share. When I showed her it she said it reminded her of this....


HA HA!!!! This is when the boys first came out and she is all crying! Lol. So FUNNY!

Wendy would text me and tell me Justine was no longer with us. That she was out of her mind excited by the boys.

After the concert she was just yelling at me all about the concert because she was so deaf. She was certain one of the boys saw her and waved.  

It's possible. :)






They ended the concert with CONFETTI!!!!! I am sure the janitors were thrilled!!!!!!

Soooo.....that was the main excuse for our trip. I am so glad we did it!!!!! And you are probably so glad you saw so many useless pictures of our One Direction obsession. Night!


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...