Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I need a redo of today!

So something I learned from Kristopher that I thought might be useful to others is that if you have grief or something traumatic or sad in you life you should write it down and write a lot of detail about it. It will help your subconscious get rid of it! That's good news, right?

I don't know what it is about me but I get into a lot of interesting conversations at the boot store.

This particular conversation started when a couple came in and the guy was harassing me a bit. The guys love to do that to me. I frankly told him "You're not going to be able to get to me. I've been in therapy for a year."

And.... his wife had too! So we laughed and exchanged jokes, probably high fives or knuckle bumps, and stories. She invited me to her book club. which oddly enough, Kristopher just happened to be speaking at! Go figure. I didn't go but they had been reading "Daring Greatly". Which just so happened to already be in my "shopping cart" for Amazon. Whenever I hear of a great book I put it in my cart and just leave it there until I can get it. Do you do that?

Anyway, she told me to watch the author's talks on Ted.com. Have you heard of ted.com? Awesome! (I just can't always figure out how to post videos or give you direct links. So sorry.)

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame.html

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

I know there are a million people telling you to listen to or watch something. So I will still like you if you don't. But they are really really good and entertaining also. And some of her words are still touching my soul even a few days later.

I had group today. I didn't like it. I can't even share why. But I went home and ate more chocolate then is legal. A lot of times I forget that I care about food in an addictive way. As long as I track my calories, it is pretty routine for me. But tonight I couldn't get the chocolate down fast enough. Frustrating. And now it will take me two days to undo the damage. From over a year ago when my friend and I weighed ourselves at her house, I have lost 94 pounds. (Not including the 1/2 pound I gained today.) I should be CELEBRATING that. But one bad day and none of that matters now. Isn't that sad? Oh well. I just keep telling myself tonight...that tomorrow is a new day. Right? Please tell me it is.

Anyone care to see my most very favorite part of San Fran? I didn't even know it existed in the world. And I was actually really a bit touched the effort my brother went to take us here. You see....as a lot of men do...he was getting a little tired of all the driving and chaos. It really is a burden in California, I was car sick a lot!!! Once to the point I really thought I was going to lose it. Anyway, I thought we were done for the day. I had no clue where we were at so when he was driving down this one way road to get to this other one way road and down one street to get us to this other street which had people and crossing guards and a lot more chaos, I was shocked and enamored and THRILLED over this one little street that was worth every ounce of my brother's hard work to get us there.

PRESENTING......the most exciting road alive.......

BRICK none the less.... Lombard Street!


with a lot of switch backs and some really interesting information that you can look up if you care because I am too bored to do it. This picture was from Wiki. It said I could use it.


Here is us going down it.



See all of the people walking down it? I would have loved to try that, but everything is such effort!







Looking back up


And along the rode was the houses who lived on this streets, driveways. I don't know they ever got out of their driveway because there were constant cars. 

It was so beautiful. I am serious. The houses were awesome and the street was paved and awesome and the brick and flowers were awesome. 

I'm moving there. And I am going to camp on that rode. 

And here is the other little suviner I bought. I am going to make something out of it.


It has some really cute coloring.

So...

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...