Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today was mine and Corey's anniversary.


He wanted to take me hiking to the Tetons. But apparently I was annoyed enough that he didn't follow through. I feel a tiny bit bad. But we are just so busy any way. And you all remember that last hike he made me do? Yah. Still traumatized.

I basically got to decide what we were doing. That never happens because I am so wishy washy and want him to decide.

But I wanted ribs. He just thought my huge plate was so hilarious. But I ordered a whole rack because he wanted to share them with me.


They were delicious. But tomorrow I am officially starting a 45 day stretch of eating no more than 1200 calories. I have got to get the last of my weight off. It's like 40 pounds still. It gets harder as you get smaller.

Here's my dilemma. I have MANY friends who are going Vegan with no salt sugar and oil. They are doing so because apparently you lose all cravings for food.

Despite my whole rack of ribs, I don't need meat every day. I sometimes wonder if there is an easier way then what I am doing now. I have been losing and gaining the same three pounds for three months now. Maybe I need to do something like that where I just don't have food cravings.

But here is the thing....I want to eat a good rack of ribs on my anniversary. I want to go to California and eat seafood soup. I REALLY love shrimp. So, I don't know.

Today I have recovered a bit from the trauma of not loving school. I am starting to feel more proud of my efforts to get a degree. I will be okay. I will stand it. My kids will have to be okay. They just can't have can't have all of me. I need some of me still for me. We will have to work it out somehow. Thank you for all your encouraging words. Thanks for friends who bring me salt and pepper encouragement shakers. Love them!

Today I had nothing. I studied. Cleaned the bathroom, laundry, cleaned the fish tank, fixed Kate's hair, drove Kate to school. It was glorious, I am going to love Thursdays.

And so after our anniversary dinner we went to see Wolverine.

If you know me you know I love Hugh.

But Wolverine goes to a whole nother (which isn't a word) level. Wolverine is OFF THE CHARTS enjoyable. Rugged, sexy, tough...I just love him. The very most of any man that is a character on the movies. He is my favorite. He had really great spikey hair in this one.





My mouth literally hung open when a critic said Wolverine should hang up his claws.

How. Dare. He.

So it was a fun anniversary. Thanks, Corey, for the fun night.









No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...