Thursday, May 21, 2015

I don't know why but...


 I have a liking to fondue pots.

I inherited COrey's family's fondue pot. It has a big story behind it where dad got annoyed at something during Family Home Evening and sent fondue flying! Lol.

Then my friend gave ma a brand new set.

Then I was at the thrift store and got TWO s'more roasting kits BRAND NEW that are just like fondue pots with the little skewers and the little flame to light a little mini grill and then TODAY I went to the thrift store and found two more of the exact same sets I got last time. 



So that leaves one for Justine and one for Kassidy to take to college and two for me that match. All four sets were BRAND new. So now I just need to have a fondue party and a s'mores party. They totally made me happy. 

Before my surgery I purged my hutch and got it all organized and clean. Nothing makes me happier than having things organized. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I know you want to look.




































(Now I have two of these s'more kits! I'm going to keep looking for more. Because you never know when you are going to need a lot of s'more kits.)


The nutty thing is....I haven't ever used any of these. Not even the family fondue pot that I have had for 12 years. I just like to own them apparently. Sometimes I just do things like that.

Well, I finished one of the five books I was going to read as part of my summer goals. Being sick and in the hospital helped the reading go a little faster. I read Unbroken. There is also a movie out but I haven't seen it yet. The book was excellent and I completely couldn't feel bad about my illness while reading the way these POW' suffered. Incredible. 

Look...Kate's cute little book next to mine. She would come and read by me for a bit.













No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...