Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Oh my gosh, yesterday was so rude!


I woke up throwing up and that didn't feel so great with my surgery. Then I spent the whole day in bed and it felt terrible because my body is still sore. So every five minutes I had to turn over. Then that night I had to turn over every three minutes and then I had the chills and the I would get too warm and sweat and then get the chills. It was super not fun.

I am grateful though that it was just a day flu and that I can get out of bed today and that I only threw up once and that i had a bed and a lap top and a good book to recover with. There are many many blessing that having the flu remind you of. 

Kate has been sick for a few days. That girl. She won't listen. She throws up, eats. Throws up, eats. I keep chewing her out to quit eating! Today she is having crackers. To see if she can get over it. She throws up massively like it isn't any big deal and then just starts talking again. Little chatter box that she is. 

Okay. So here is a dilemma I find myself in. I need to pray more. I need to turn to prayer. I need to depend on my Father in Heaven and not man for comfort and answers. So yesterday I have been reading Unbroken. A very good real life story about war and a man who gets stranded on a raft forever and then is tortured. While reading it I just cannot even comprehend the suffering. I am miserable with the flu while these men have the flu and are being tortured and have to stand in a box as there cell with their toilet just built under their feet. Horrendous. So..this is what happens to me. People are still suffering in the world right now. Really big suffering. Maybe even like this war hero and we maybe don't know about it.....How do I pray and ask to get better from the flu when THIS kind of suffering is out there in the world? It feels so lame. And if Heavenly Father let these men go through this for whatever reason...how can I ask Him for help? And not just the flu. In other ways as well. How can I pray for my little heart breaks to go away when other peoples heartbreaks are 1 million times worse? And if these war men were praying....and their suffering was HUGE....and they weren't relieved....how did they not get mad at God? I don't know. 

A few years ago at a fund raiser I bought a horse riding lesson for Justine from this cute cowboy at our church. She never used it and gave it to Kate. I had the best plan ever for the cowboy to come pick her up on her birthday as a surprise but it didn't work out. Wouldn't that have been the best though? So instead we went to their house and she got to ride "Chuck-wagon". She really wanted to do it alone. So it started with him leading her, then him leading Sally and Chuck-wagon following Sally because they are friends. So she felt like she was doing it alone. Then she had time to try to do it all by herself. She did pretty good for her first time on the horse but he was a little stubborn and would just stand still so then Brandon would have to go out and get him walking again. It was a GREAT hour. Sorry for the picture overload but I couldn't choose. It was after all, the best day of her life! Oh...the second best day. The first best day was when she was with Justine and the cowboy picked her up in the carriage....haha




















 







 







She tried and tried to turn him where she wanted...

 
















No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...