Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sisters are people too!


Remember the cute neighborhood cowboy that let Kate have her horse back ride?

On Mother's Day Sunday he gave a talk at church. He was raised with five brothers. His dad trained them all to really respect women. He gave a really great talk about it. He said he didn't have sisters but that it really bothered him the way some people treated their sisters. Because sisters are girls too and girls are Heavenly Father's princess. He talked about how there were things he and his brothers wouldn't think of doing in front of girls. He gave the boys a little pep talk about being good to their sisters. 

So at our house...I'd say my boys are probably average boys to their sisters. But after the talk I used it as an "lecture" opportunity to remind my boys to clean up their acts around their sisters and most importantly to BE NICE.

Rhett told me "Why do you always do that?" 

Me..."what..."

Basically he was complaining that I seize any opportunity to use other men and their good behavior to try to get my boys to improve their behavior. I do the same thing with the jujitsu teacher. I say all the time... "Do you think so and so would approve of that behavior????" 

hahahahahhahhaha. I think being the mom can be so dang funny. 

So Kate....being the 100% complete little smart and "going to get what she wants done one way or another" girl...comes to me and is upset with Rhett. She tells me, "Mom! He's not treating me like a princess....!" Hahahahha! Oh...she doesn't miss ANYTHING.

Check her out! Reading a chapter book!!!! She isn't quite all the way there yet but she was getting a lot of it! Exciting. 


So. My birthday. It is AWESOME having older children that earn money because...if you have a daughter (maybe boys do this on their own and I just don't know it...) that tells her brothers what to do...you get presents!!!!!!

Justine basically got the boys to pitch in on a gift for me. So we all went to Target. We did all our other shopping and then I told the kids..."K, it's all about me now." I wanted them to all go look at the lamps with me. I wanted a lamp. 

Rhett and Nathan, "Can we go look at the clothes???"

Really? I guess nothing could be more boring for two teenage boys then looking at lamps. So Justine and I chose. 

When it was time to pay I had each boy step up and pay their share for my lamp. It was a tiny bit pathetic because I felt like I was making them buy me a gift. But I sort of believe that is the way it should be. So that they learn to think about their mom on her birthday.

AND HERE IS MY DARLING CHOICE. (It's gray)
























I love it so so much. Just so we are on the same page here...I liked owls and had owls before owls became so popular. 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...