Wednesday, September 29, 2010

butternut squash? carrots? Peas?

I went to a baby shower the other day. It was all I could do to keep from just hugging that mama's baby belly. I am sorry if that is weird. I just love pregnancy and those babies. I want them. I seriously need to go work in labor and delivery. Why didn't I plan my life better! I know everyone is going to tell me it is not too late. But I sort of think it is. I am kind of on a different path and don't know if I can do both things at once. Or if I want to try.

Anyway I thought you would all be proud to know that I won the game "name that baby food flavor". I don't know if that is the real name but that is what it was.

I got nine flavor correctly (by tasting them of course) including the trick flavor. The only one I got wrong was pears. I knew they weren't apples but they tasted so sugary I thought it was a dessert and put apple crisp. Blasted! I don't even know if I have heard of apple crisp baby food, but I was stumped. But I think nine flavors is pretty dang good considering I usually didn't eat the babies baby food and Kate NEVER ate baby food. She wouldn't touch the stuff!

I won a jamba juice card. I know people hate the games at parties but because I have a competitive nature I love the games! I probably just need to get out more.

Speaking of babies..... Here are a few reasons why I love them sssooo much!




2 comments:

kirstensblog said...

Way to go! I love the games too. I usually win something, so that probably has something to do with it. I am impressed at your tasting talents. Secondly, right now your job is a most important and the highest calling. Patience even in wanting to do the noble things, right? You would be an AMAZING baby nurse though. I would love having somebody like you take care of my nonexistent newborns of the future....hee hee. for real, though. Someday you and I will volunteer at the hospital together.

Susan said...

Wendy said...That's such a cute little baby face!

Mary said...someday when Kate and Bo are in school fulltime, you can volunteer at a hospital to hold and rock the preemies, they would love you there...what a sweet baby face:)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...