Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Drama on the home front

2nd day of kindergarten under Bo's belt and....

He hates it.

Yesterday when I put him on the bus he wouldn't let me go and they had to rip him away from me.

So I feel terrible now.

And my quiet hours are now in jeopardy and being ruined with guilt (nothing a little scrapbooking isn't handling). Some how I am managing to struggle through them though. (Hee hee)

Seriously, this is fowling things up. He is use to going to school because he went to preschool and on a bus.

So my concerns are....

Do I pull him because I want him to be happy every second?

Or is this something hard he needs to do....

I suspect he hates it because they aren't going to put up with his crud like mama does
. (Case in point: this morning's peanut butter and honey sandwich was in triangles and not squares so he went off and cried and pouted.)

I wouldn't mind keeping him home another year since he is going to do two rounds of kindergarten anyway (he is always the youngest in classes) but where he has delays he probably needs this jump start. Also he needs some socialization. But maybe he will just mature out of that anyway and I am jumping the gun.

I am seriously sad about this. I had a bad feeling from the beginning. Does that mean something or am I just to indulgent to this little guy. Grrr. It probably means something.

Here are his kindergarten pictures. I got one good one and then it went downhill from there...










Yes, this is different from the one you saw a second ago. I had to double check.
( I seriously HEART this one!)
Why is it so hard to stand still and smile?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I snort-laughed with that first tongue-sticking-out picture. Too cute!!

Megan said...

Awe Susan I know just how you feel. Emma did that for the first 3 months of kindergarten. I was in the principal's office once a week and in her classroom a couple days a week just to make sure she was ok. She was just a mama's girl and couldn't handle the separation. I still don't know if I did the right thing by having her continue . . . I guess I'll never know! I love his pictures - I think they're all great because they show is personality! Cute kid!

Anonymous said...

Too many pictures in one blog my friend!

Janetlee said...

Who made that last comment? Humbug. Susan, today I was counting money in the Iona teachers lounge for t-shirt sales during lunch break. I listened to hilarious stories from the k-2 teachers as they talked about kids coming to school and acting just like you described Bo. Mr. McKinney, Faith's kindergarten teacher from last year, said it takes some kids til Christmas to adjust. Good luck.

Mandy said...

Aw, he is so cute, Susan! I miss little Bo, who is not so little anymore. I hope he settles into school soon. Luke starts special ed preschool next week and I am having a few mini panic attacks about it. I know it will give the boost he needs though but darn it is hard letting go of these babies.

Susan said...

Mary said...he'll be fine and I'm sure once he's on the bus and in the classroom, he's happy most of the day-Collin was a clinger,so shy, once w/ his friends he was fine, until about the 2nd day when he got stung waiting to go in w/ me, and then a few days later I slammed the car door on his finger-good times..........

Kim said...
He is so cute! You know, Susan, times like these are harder on us moms than the child. I was going through a situation with Rachel, and some girls that weren't being nice to her, etc., and a very wise friend of mine said, "As her mom, I know you want to fix things for her and make things as easy as possible, right?" "Yes." "Well, she is going to have to face this life lesson and get through it at some point. Why not now? Don't take the lesson from her." And it's so true. So now, I always remind myself not to take the lessons from her, but just do my best to guide her through them.
I bet Bo is having a blast at school right now, and has forgotten all about this morning. Please don't spend your time in guilt. ENJOY! You are a fabulous mom!

Michelle said...As Napoleon Dynamite would say "Listen to your heart. That's what I always do." ♥ (if you think it in Napoleon's voice, you WILL laugh LOL)

Susan said...I read that to my friend who loves Napoleon and she laughed. I am not familiar with all his quotes... Yes, lets talk!

Nancy said...He'll do fine!

Tiffany P. said...He will be fine :) I am usually on the receiving end.

Carolyn said...I'm sorry Bo is dreading kindergarten. Any better today? He will get over it, like Nancy says. I was surprised when he decided not to spend the night with me Friday. He is just having a hard time getting "out in the world" without Mom. (I hope)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...