Sunday, September 12, 2010

Appreciation for husband, Sunday, the 34th


Something NOT GOOD has been happening for a little while lately...

Corey keeps asking me if I have check the oil in my van lately.

".......uh...no....I don't do that. You do."

Then a few weeks go by and he will ask me again.... if I have checked the oil in the van.

"....uh.....no....I don't do that. You do."

Then a few weeks go by and he will ask me again if I have checked the oil in the van....


"uh...no....I don't do that. You do. You have the whole time we have been married. I don't do the cars. You do."

And I keep hoping he believes me and he is doing the oil. Because I am not doing it.

There is little I refuse to do. I can install shelves and towel racks, I can saw and glue and remove bugs from the house. I take out the trash and disposed of live baby mice in the garage. I can do "guy" things.

But I got up in the night with every single one of our babies. Corey? He passed out at the side of Kassidy's crib. Thud! I have never asked him to get up with a baby since. I have stayed up all night long before with ear infected sweet peas while he slumbered. And mark my words... while that man is still living I am not going to check the oil in that van or any other car.

So here is my chance to express my gratitude to him for ALWAYS taking care of our cars. I have never had to worry about any of their maintenance. He has always done that and he has done as much as he could by himself even at times when he had to call cousins and use you tube tutorials. He has learned how to work on our cars. I am really proud that I have a man who can do those things.

Please, please, please Corey. I beg you. Don't stop changing the oil in the van. And please don't ask me if I have done it anymore. Cause the answer is and will be no. Cause I appreciate your car maintenance from the bottom of my soul and I am not doing it.

With love,

Susan




1 comment:

Susan said...

Kim said...Love it.

Teresa said...If you have to Check you oil theres need for a husband.

Susan said...Corey checked the oil tonight. :)

Teresa Andrews Steffler Halleluah.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...