Thursday, September 30, 2010

Khronicles of Kate

The very week Bo went to kindergarten Kate decided to quit her nap. Actually the second week. First she let me have a week to get a taste of the true bliss of her napping and Bo gone to kindergarten. I scrap booked and watched one of my favorite shows that whole week. I ate lunch in perfect peace and it was divine.

Enter in week two. DONE with Naps. Done. I tried and tried and she is DONE. I have never had children who seem to need much sleep. It drives me crazy because frankly I'm exhausted.

Anyhoo, so now that she won't take a nap we are at that stage, where sometimes of course around 5:00pm every day, she gets tired and you have to deal with the crabola and also make sure she doesn't get a nap... Because I need her to go to bed at night.

It is often the case where she will fall asleep at 5 and be up until 12. I also have often felt like I should sue her for harassment. She is harassing me. Honest. She cannot leave me alone for one second. She needs me all the time and must be talking all the time and ask questions all the time and I answer her but she asks me over and over again.

And don't even think about eating in front of her. She can hear you eating a mile aways and she WILL eat off your plate. Now that I am describing my little Helen Keller I am starting to feel like some good discipline could go a long way here. But I promise, I am not a huge softy with her. She is just a harasser!

Anyway, all of that just to show you what happened yesterday when I took my eyes off her for a second!


She fell asleep just like this! All on her knees, one inch away from the tv.





This is also my first kid who has to change herself no less than fifty times a day. I love the backwards pants, unmatching shirt (what could match those adorable pants though), and her brothers shoes. She is just a goof ball.



Also I have been trying to teach Bo to say his own prayers. I guess I have helped him way too long because he doesn't know how to come up with his own thoughts. I told him to just think about it. He has refused and I have ended up helping him. One night after watching Justine say her prayers he tried it himself and was all excited and told me he "think" about it! So he wanted to pray again so I could hear. "Jesus, I like Pizza." Nice one, buddy!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Kim said...I love this!
Aine said...‎"Jesus, I like pizza" - priceless!!!
Linda said... That is a precious prayer! :) And you are living my life with the sleeping late in the afternoon/evening, then being up till 11 or 12 every night thing and the talking all. day. every. single. minute. needing. wanting. my. attention. every. single. minute. I'm weary just writing it. But I'm glad she's there to keep me company. Most of the time. :)
Nancy said...What fun you will have telling these stories when they are older and you will hear "How many times are you going to tell that story?' Sorry, I missed Nathan this morning!
Viki said...That is so cute...just like Kate. I think it's cute how they want to talk to Jesus, even though I try to teach them that we are talking to Heavenly Father in prayer

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...