Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet intentions

My little baby birdie Bo turned 5. Such a killer. He is such a lovey dovey little sweetie pie.

Anyway, I was quite amused over Kassidy's gift to him.

5 days of playing with her i-pod! That was such a sweet idea. Here is how the plan backfired.


The cute little knucklehead wrapped up HER ipod and gave it to him with this note.




So imagine the little non reader 5 year olds surprise when he saw the ipod...... He was like shocked for a minute....and he said quietly to himself in disbelief ..."I got an Ipod..." Then he was super excited. "Yes, my own Ipod!"

Too. bad. It. really. wasn't.

And we had to try to get his little just freshly five year old brain to understand that it was Kassidy's Ipod and he just got to play with it. It was even more confusing because she had his name written on the screen. Fun times.


We also celebrated Kassidy's birthday. The two are only three days apart. We played a very racy game of kiss Jacob Black. Ohh la laaa.


Aunt Sherri putting on her lipstick ready to pucker up! I love her for being a good sport!





I also made two of the most loserest cakes alive. ALIVE! They turned out so bad. My reputation is ruined.

Bo wanted a worm.

Scary, isn't it? The face is just creepy. Creepy!


This cake was suppose to have tall creepy trees and have Jacob walking down the creepy forest. Yeah. It is really hard to make tall trees. I took the creep right out of creepy. It wasn't spooky at all. Bummer.

One highlight for Kassidy...a sweet friend give her a real live rock from La Push. If you don't know where that is then don't bother thinking twice about it, if you do know where that is feel free to insert scream.... now...

4 comments:

Emily said...

You are awesome for trying! All of my kids just got plan old cakes this year. Nothing fun or fancy. I have always made them, but last year I yelled at Emma for taking up my time while I was trying to make her birthday cake and I decided it wasn't worth it. Maybe next year or someday I will be laid back, but right now I am just too high strung!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

What, no spiderwebs? I think the cakes are still awesome. Don't you hate it when things don't go like they look in your head though? You're still awesome!

Melanie said...

I think the cakes are awesome! The worm is great, and who needs tall trees? Jacob isn't creepy anyway, he's totally yummy. Just like I'm sure the cakes were. They are both awesome, don't even doubt that at all. How much do you charge for your creativeness?

Susan said...

Roxanne Piro Happy Happy Birthday to Kassidy and Bo!! Sounds like they had a fun party. The cakes were great Susan. You are so talented!
September 2, 2010 at 7:41am · Like.



Susan Chamberlain Nielsen Ha ha! Thanks!
September 2, 2010 at 7:46am · Like.



Kim Heinke I love your humor! These are the times you will look back on most! Cute cakes too! Next time we go to the coast, I will pick up something from LaPush or Forks for your Twilight fanatic! ;)
September 2, 2010 at 8:23am · Like.



Susan Chamberlain Nielsen Whaaa???? I didn't realize you were close to there I guess! That would be awesome!
September 2, 2010 at 8:33am · Like.



Linda Smith Jensen Your cakes were wonderful! Look at it this way--most of us get our kids cakes at the supermarket bakery. They put the name on it even!!
September 2, 2010 at 8:50am · Like.


Roxanne said...That's how I've always done it except for cupcake cones one year. I wish I had your imagination and talent!

Nancy said...It was a fun party! the cakes were great! Guess next up is Rhett!

Susan said...Well I learned I definately need to be following a picture with directions. One year my kids begged for a store bought cake. ha ha.

Michelle said... You're such a sweet mom...

Sherri said...The cakes were great! The kids will always remember it. Thanks for a fun party Love ya

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...