Saturday, September 25, 2010

My awesome piece of technological advice was totally poo poohed away!

Okay not really, but I was dealing with a technological master and I guess my amazing knowledge just may not rock your world. But here it goes....

Did you know that we put men on the moon but we somehow still think DVD's with smooth scratchable surfaces are a great idea? Go figure.

But I learned from TV a few years ago that if you rub them while dry with tooth PASTE (not gel) and then wash them off then they will work. I was so excited about that and I have done it for years!!!!! Although it only lasts a few plays.
Yesterday I learned from the all knowing technological guru (I am not being sarcastic here) that you can actually take them in to certain DVD stores and pay $2 bucks to have all the scratched buffed off. For good. Isn't that exciting?

And the most interesting thin is this:

When you set your DVD up side down to keep if from getting scratched you are actually worrying about the wrong side! The DVD goes clear through to the top of the DVD so you can buff layers of the DVD away and it will still work. But if you scratch one layer of the top going down it will be ruined for good. Amazing huh!

Today we went to go see Toy Story 3. The end made me cry so bad I almost made a noise. It was very cute although Bo was scared and wanted to leave.

Tonight Corey gets home from his 10th day of being gone bow hunting. Did I mention I have 6 children? I may have no reason to appreciate him tomorrow.




Rhett had to make waffles to pass off one of his cub scout goals... He was very happy about it.

Don't cha just love it! Fresh out of the bath!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

LOL you keep me laughing, Susan. The waffle looks amazing! I wish I had a waffle iron.

Pirate Princess said...

2 bucks? That's good to know. Crystal is going to buy one of those machines and advertise - she's only planning on charging .75 - $1 a DVD! She's always done the toothpaste thingy too. ;)

Janetlee said...

I love reading your blog! You are the only person on my list who regularly blogs and it is pure entertainment. Have a great week.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...