Saturday, December 8, 2012

good night.

Tonight was a happy night for our whole family.

The big girls got to go to their school and play karaoke and some other fun stuff.

The big boys got to go with their Uncle Frank to Rhett's basketball game and out to Arby's for dinner. (A real treat for a boys from a family of eight. Thanks, Uncle Frank for doing my driving around tonight and supporting Rhett at basketball when Corey and I couldn't.)

The two little kids got to go to Aunt Sherri's to get babysat. They loved it. Thanks, Sherri!

And Corey and I got to go out for seafood with my work. It was a fun night. We stayed for three hours with the two "boys" (my coworkers) and their wives. It was great. And the food was delicious.

And here is what I have learned about calorie counting and sticking with it and still going out to eat. Actually, I don't know if I am doing it right or not. But I want to eat out for my work and not feel terrible. So..I do.

BUT (HUGE BUT) I still track EVERY calorie. If I go over I don't feel bad. I know it was my splurge. And tomorrow since I am aware of my overage, I will be very good and make it up. But if I did not track it and KNOW then it would be SO easy to just keep on splurging. That is one thing I have learned that I need to do. ALWAYS track your calories  (If that is how you manage your weight.) People always say "the calories don't count tonight." Well, the calories do count. And sometimes that is the way it goes. But it is good to face it. And I think it is okay to have a free meal sometimes but I am definitely tracking it still. So I can get back on track.

I was called Babe FOUR times today by one customer at work. We were laughing about it over dinner. It is a different dynamic having a girl at the boot store I think. It is mostly a man's place. They asked me if I hate being called all these names by men.

I had to say "No!"

I like it. I admit it. These men don't mean it degrading. At least I don't think so. I like pet names.

My work dinner was delicious. Escargot, sour dough garlic bread with three different kinds of butter,
fried jumbo shrimp with some sort of angry sauce.  Yum and spicy  Loaded bake potato and ice cream brownie. And delicious clam chowder. SO fun.

Good conversation. Lots of laughing. Excited for the Christmas season.




No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...