Monday, December 3, 2012

This years version of "Christ for Christmas"


A few years ago, at Christmas time, I spent a month teaching my kids little devotionals about Christ. It was a pretty good experience. I have tried to do it since but I just didn't get it done. The kids have been asking for me to do it ever since. They REALLY REALLY loved it.And I really really love that!

I don't know how homeschooling moms do it!!!!! I love the idea of teaching them all these great things but when it comes down to it...it is way hard. At least with the ADHD rampage that runs through our home. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I have a few home school mom friends and I sure do admire them and they make it look like SO much fun.

My friend Michelle showed me this cool site last year and I am going to do it this year with the kids for our "Christ for Christmas". (At least that is the big plan)

Check it out. I think it is pretty awesome really. It is going to be work though to do this six times. All the copying etc...

I ALWAYS have big plans that I don't always finish. So don't be surprised if it doesn't turn out as glorious or ....finished......as I am hoping. But one step at a time.



Check it out Here

It turns into like this folder book that has panels that you make and when the kids open it there are different topics on each page that go along with Christ. That is a horrible explanation but I think it is pretty cool. The kids will each make their own. 

The topics that are covered are as follows...


PROJECTS INCLUDED ARE:
     
1. The Lineage from David to Jesus
2. Triptych of the Birth of Jesus Christ
3. Miracles of Jesus
4. The Beatitudes Pie Book
5. Fruit of the Spirit
6. The Parables of Jesus
7. The Last Supper
8. The Crucifixion
9. The Ascension
10. Pentecost
11. The Resurrection
12. Prophesies Fulfilled
13. The Twelve Disciples
14. Paul’s Missionary Journeys
15. Postcards from Paul
16. “The New Testament News”
17. The Armor of God

There is a fee to purchase the down load. The lady has drawn all the pictures herself and they are awesome. 

I'll keep you updated how it goes for us! 

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...