Thursday, December 6, 2012

I can't help it. I like hats and big rings!

I really want to wear this cute little hat. I love this picture of this girl.


What can I say! I want to wear some hats! I think they are cute. I probably never will. A bit out of my comfort zone. But I just really really like them.





I. Love. Jennifer.




You guys!!! I did it AGAIN!

I have a problem with feeling too much and not thinking!!!!

I got super reactive a few appointments ago and thought Kristopher "thought" all these things about my treatment. And apparently he didn't. And I had a mini meltdown. Because sometimes I feel too much.

And if I would have used those crazy "So...what I hear you saying is...." techniques to get clarification on a few things he said, a lot of misunderstanding and struggle could have been avoided.

But I am NOT trained to talk like that. Well, okay, he trained me but I it is not second nature. It is something I definitely need to be aware of. Doesn't it make you feel so good and listened to when someone says to you..."So what I hear you saying is..." and then they give their best effort to have heard you and repeat what they understood.

Who knew communication is such an important tool. Well, I did actually. Why don't we spend  more time working on it then? Why aren't I training my own kids better in regards to it? Especially now that I know some of these things.

I have really committed to start teaching my children those crazy "what I hear you saying" techniques. Think of all the miscommunication they can be saved from. Especially when they become roommates or spouses.

Corey and I never practiced that technique before and I am wondering with application of that tool if lots of good healthy communication could have been created between one "communication deficient" boy and one "communication explosion of feeling" girl.

I am starting to wonder how many times in my marriage throughout my life have I assumed Corey feels a certain way and so I feel a certain way when he never really felt that way in the first place. He always says that I think he is at a "10" when I think he is upset about something when he is only at a "1". Does that make sense?

So I guess it is definitely something to work on.

I am going to start really being mindful of using that communication technique. It probably will feel weird at first but then i bet it just becomes second nature. And I know for a fact...when Kristopher uses that technique on me I feel very validated.

And trust me. I will NEVER wear

Velcro shoes

with enormous tongues

that are difficult to put on

when you are trying to have a freak out

and escape fast

...again.

Never in the history of all man kind has putting on one shoe during a freak out, while your being stared at by Kristopher, taken so long! And trust me...I am never going to have a freak out again. I am going to start using better communication so I quit making assumptions that may or may not be true. I am going to vow to be mindful of my thoughts. I am going to vow to do better with my positive proclamations also. Because I got called out for not doing that one too! I thought you just laid on a couch during therapy. Who knew I'd have so much work!


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...