Monday, January 14, 2013

A little late Christmas post!

I literally felt like I had just put up the tree a few months ago. But here we are again!

Bo
Nathan

and Kate convinced Uncle Frank.... more than once....to lift her up to the top of the tree to hang ornaments. Big old softy did it too!


Our church does the best Christmas party ever. It is a BREAKFAST!  Totally fits into the schedule much easier than a dinner. And Santa goes to our church. And visited the kids at the breakfast. Surprise  He had to hand out candy canes for weeks after Christmas because the kids kept seeing him at church and knew he was still Santa.




And we have Mrs. Claus as well. See her?




Of course Kate adored him. Little cutie.




Bo




Kassidy!

I love these two. They may look like Santa and Mrs. Claus to you but I get the great privilege of knowing their true identity. There are not two better people on the face of the universe. Good, good people. 


He actually is also in some Bible videos and that is why he is still sporting his beard. Much to Corey's mortification, one day I told my friend I just had to feel his beard for a few minutes. He let me. Everyone should try it. Haven't you ever just wanted to squish and feel a huge fluffy beard? I know you have.


Isn't she the cutest thing alive? I have deep deep love for her. Just two Sundays ago she was blessing me with the peace she brings. She brings peace just through her presence. She is so loving and kind and beautiful and wise and we were talking about my therapy (big surprise  and she was encouraging me and I felt so much better after we spoke. Love her.


Yesterday in my Rhett post I totally spaced mentioning two other funny things about Rhett. We were getting ready for church and I could tell Corey had turned on the furnace. That NEVER happens. We always just heat by wood. But it has been FREEZING. When I mentioned to Rhett that the furnace was on he was a bit confused and stunned.

Him..."What?"

Me..."You know the furnace?"

Him...Confused.

Me..."You don't know what the furnace is?"

Him...Confused.

Me..."Yea, there is a little button you push and hot air instantly floods into the house."

Him....Confused. "You mean we have been making a fire for no reason and chopping all the wood for no reason?!!!!!!"

He was stunned. It was so funny. I explained that it wasn't for "no reason". That is saved us a lot of money. But it was so funny how shocked and indignant he was that there was a button that allowed hot air in our house.

The boys work hard to keep us supplied with fire wood and warm fires!

I forgot the other thing....I'll think of it later.


1 comment:

Susan said...



Jean said...Never too late for a Christmas post!

Nancy said...So cute and funny! I can just see Rhett's face!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...