Saturday, January 5, 2013

I am being hugged ALL day and I like it!

Okay. So we need to discuss something quite ridiculous and funny and ironic.

We have a cat. I have hated it for a long time and I like cats. But this cat hates me. Big. Time. And I am insulted. My friend insists it is because I am a gypsy. I think it is because... the cat is. a. jerk.

But my girl loves her cat. Kassidy has had trauma centered around cats. So it is very important to me that I do everything in my power NOT to cause more trauma in her life revolving cats.

You see... I am trying to keep her from becoming a cat hoarder. Because sorry to say it, she has the potential because she ADORES cats. (See what happened at the local visit to the pet store? She has "ways" with cats.



Kassidy's annoying cat has some behavioral issues. To protect his privacy I won't share what they are. But...we took him to the vet to see what we could do about these issues. Kassidy paid for the visit herself because she is a good mamma. And it wasn't cheap. Grr.

The Dr. prescribed Bandit some anti depressants.  Somehow the cat must be freakishly blood related to us. Because to a few us us family members...anxiety is our thang!

So in order to get Bandit's pills I had to go to Walmart and pick them up by telling them his name and his "birthday." I had to make up his "birthday" and memorize it. Did I mention I hate that cat?

Then Kassidy and I had to go to the pet store and look at the "calming" products they sell. If the pills don't work we will get something that puts happy cat pheromones into the air.

Or....we could buy him a anxiety vest.






Yes. FOR REALS. And this product gets excellent reviews.

I could barely take it seriously. When I saw the anxiety vest I KNEW exactly what it was for.

Because remember Bo's therapist Nick said to buy Bo a compression shirt? Because it was like a hug all day and calmed some of these sensory kids down?

Well.... apparently...it works for cats. 

Of all the stupid things. Is that judgmental of me? Yes. I suppose it is. I couldn't help but be snarky when I asked the sales clerk what it was for. 

Even. though. I. knew.

She told me some kids who have autism benefit from wearing tight fitting shirts...and so do cats.

I couldn't believe it. What in the crazy what is that all about!!!!!

Also the packaging? 


The vest will keep cats drug free.....

Uh....I DON'T STINKING CARE IF MY CAT IS DRUG FREE!!!!!! I. DON'T. CARE. What I care about is....that he gets his private behavioral issues under. control!!!!

I also couldn't resist taking a picture of this cute little product. Cat claw covers. Designer style. Pink and pink glittered! Adore. How hard do you think they are to get on cat claws?


And this little cat yawning on the packaging.... cracked. me. up! He's so cute.



Tomorrow I will share some exciting news regarding our family and pets.

My mom is so nice and so FAST. the day after I posted that I was going to sew Bo one of these....

Cuddle Me Sensory Tunnel 


she called me and had made one. (thanks, mom!)

She made it out of fleece and that is different from what this one was made out of so I don't know if it makes a huge difference (it's not stretchy)  but Bo crawled inside and watched a movie in it. He also pulled it up over his ears and head when he felt like it. Just like the reviews said kids do with it. So that seems like a score!

 And since we were talking about compression shirts.... the kinds for people, not cats....

I have sort of become a fan of these...


Check out Cuddl Duds!

Since I have lost a little weight I think my temperature is changing I am chilly more often. (Or it is just because we heat our house with fire wood and it is often cold...) But I got a few of these shirts for Christmas  I REALLY like them. I bought one a size too small. But I wore it anyways. And what I learned is.......IT REALLY DOES feel good to wear a compression shirt. I like it. I felt hugged all day. ;) Seriously, love them.


1 comment:

Susan said...


Suzanne said...I LOVE this!! I have to check out those compression shirts! And believe it or not... the cat vest thang too! It makes me laugh, but our cat has some pretty good anxiety issues. I'm glad to see the "cuddly tunnel" was a hit with Bo. He looks very comfortable in it & looks like it's helping him. I love that idea! You are such a great advocate for your kiddos!

Mary said...Kassidy and I could be crazy, cat roomies..I have never bought those products, but can see myself doing that. The nail caps I can honestly say, I considered. Horrrible to declaw and her nails are like razor blade. We used to wrap her(like compression) to cut them, but it freaked her out...great blog as usual...and of course sweet, loving Nancy made him a tunnel<3

Tiffany aid...You crack me up!!!!! Of course you have a cat that needs a compression shirt!!!! I have a co-teacher that has one for her dog:) It really did help the dog. Hahaha but it is kind of funny. Of all the families that cat could of ended up with and you are the blessed souls. I can't stop laughing.

Nancy said...I am glad the tunnel worked for Bo. He is my buddy and I will help anyway I can! Love you all so much!

Susan said...Good, I'll bring him and Kate over for the week!

Susan said...you said you'd help anyway you can...

Kirsten said...Awesome blog!! One of these days I'll bring down a compression shirt for the bird lol

Kirsten said...Umm I tried the compression shirt today and I am not a fan. I guess we aren't twins as much as I thought. Oh well.

Susan said...Back the truck up! We are still twins!

Kirsten said...Hahah! Good!! Truck is backed up. Beep beep beep

Susan said...Thank you. I don't like that non twins talk. We are allowed to have a few slight variances and still be twins. Sheesh. I can't take the rejection.

Kirsten said...Haha! My dear you love me just as I am. I will never ever reject you. Bond: forged. But you can't make me wear compression shirt. Jk soul sister.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...