Thursday, January 31, 2013

wahoo for projects!

Awww. I just got something accomplished.  And it feels GOOD! I haven't accomplished much for all winter it seems. (You know, aside from changing my whole life through therapy)

Today I decided we were moving the microwave and putting in a shelf and making more room for our cups.


This little tiny cupboard is where I keep cups for EIGHT people! It is ridiculodunkous!!!!


I once heard when you buy a house you should really focus on what the kitchen is like since SO much time is spent there. Well...I took one look at this.....cute little lofty time area.....and didn't care!!!!


And the kitchen is horrid. And that lofty area is my sanctuary.

Anyhoo...anytime there is a project to be done...Rhett is ALL over it. It is GREAT. and a tiny tiny bit annoying. 




But we got it done. I was so excited I used the sabor saw (I literally prayed before I started) and didn't mess up or cut my or Rhett's fingers off! I LOVE wood stuff!




Now I have to take old cupboard doors and restructure them a bit to cover this cupboard.  I am excited because it freed up much needed space in other areas.

Got me a little excited for a few more projects. Like my salt and pepper shaker collection shelves!

Today was Kristopher.   Wonderful wonderful visit. Peace, peace, peace. He told me today, after I shared with him somethings I learned from reading, that in a nut shell, I had just told him the whole reason I am in therapy. I had to agree with him. It has to do with that inner child thing.

I had seen a therapist right before Kristopher. It was a weird experience. I told Kristopher how much I had learned through all these reading assignments he kept giving me. I told him I couldn't understand why this other therapist did not give me one single reading assignment. Even if he had just told me to read "Boundaries" I would have been 50 percent ahead.

Kristopher is always so kind. He smiled and said "He wasn't trained to. He was trained to listen and help you feel warm and fuzzy." (okay, I doubt Kristopher said warm and fuzzy.)

Me..."Actually yeah, and it worked. But only for about two weeks and then I was in the same spot again."

Kristopher and I talked about how the therapy I am receiving isn't like any other therapy I would receive around here. Although I have received unmeasured amounts of compassion and comfort while seeing him, he isn't there to make me feel warm and fuzzy. He is there to teach me how to have permanent change. And the second I quit working and trying to progress, I wouldn't be able to see him for long. It takes too much of his energy to push people.

Anyhow... tomorrow if I have time...I am going to share a special treat with you all. Kate borrowed Justine's camera. Her pictures are too cute not to share!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Michelle said...I love your shelf!

Mary said...why not leave it as open shelving( hmmm, maybe not with 6 kiddos ...great job to both of you!!

Susan said...I love the idea of an open shelf. But I don't think it will look good when kids start shoving cups in.

Megan said...I was going to say the same thing- open shelves!! But if it won't work in your house then sometimes function needs to come before design! Rhett looks like a natural with those power tools

Susan said...I think it would look better (and be easier) then doors. Ill have to thing about it more. It was my original plan!

Mary said...a tempered glass shelf would be nice:)

Susan said...it would be! Our house needs so much help!

Nancy said...Good job you two!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...