Saturday, January 19, 2013

My girls were the cutest things ever yesterday.



Kassidy had her first car accident. I have been really proud and impressed that she has made it to 18 1/2 with no accidents.( I had two accidents with two parked cars before I was even seventeen! For reals??!!!!)

I admit when Kassidy burst unexpectedly through the front door in tears after her early morning seminary class, that I had flashbacks to when she was in fourth grade and use to come home after school wailing from being bullied.

It hurt for a minute to remember all the pain she was in as a fourth grader. I am so thankful I was led to the charter school where she has been safe ever since.

Kassidy and Justine were both teary from their first accident. I thought it was so sweet and innocent as they both came home freaked out.

Aside from it being MY DAD'S truck (ouch)  it wasn't serious and no one was hurt. The other car spun around on the ice and hit the front driver side of the truck. Don't worry, it is okay, my dad already hit a cow in that exact spot. Lol. That's is what he told me when I called him. I was grateful for his merciful spirit and not being angry about the accident.

The other driver had rolled down his window and told Kassidy, "this is my first accident, what do I do?" Kassidy and I laughed about that because she is still basically a kid and didn't really know either.

The girls both had to also comment how cute he was. Leave it to Kassidy to be hit by a cute boy!

I just finished working two 9 hour days. I start out Friday happy for a change of pace, and end Saturday night, tired! I easily convinced my boss that we should organize the "kitchen" which is a microwave and a mini refrigerator on a stand. He was game and bought me two organizers which I requested  I was able to organize first aid, personal items, plates, condiments, etc  It is awesome .

Organizing makes me super happy.

My boss laughs at me when I get him to admit how much he likes the "kitchen".

I am happy that while I was working, Corey and the kids spent good time together going on a little hike, going on a drive, and having pizza for dinner. Now they are staying up late to watch movies.

Night!

P.S. I forgot to mention that I think the accident was really a good little life experience for them.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Jill said..Wow. Impressive no accidents til now. And it wasn't her fault either. I won't share my number of accidents or tickets. LOL
Saturday at 10:12pm via mobile · Like

Nancy said...I am just thankful they weren't hurt

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...