Saturday, January 26, 2013

Just a little bit of nothing. Really, I mean it.

In two days I have worked twenty hours. Every other weekend I do that. I took this job because I wanted to get my work over with in a big chunk like that. It does have it's challenges though.

Sometimes I desperately miss being home with my children. It just feels so wrong to be gone. I was grateful my two big boys were happy to give me hugs when I got home. Nathan was giving me a lamo one and when I called him on it (I'm raising boys who can give a proper hug, For reals already!) He said he was trying NOT to hug Rhett (who was also hugging me). I thought that was cute and funny for some reason.

So even though I am sad about being gone, today however...I came home to a spotless (I am talking glowing washed walls) house. Corey and the kids cleaned all day and of course kids usually work better for their dad's. I was pretty glad I was gone for all of it! Yay! And...super appreciative that they all did it. Thanks, Corey, for heading it up.

I am grateful for Nick and Gus, my boss and coworker. they treat me so well and it feels nice. I told Gus I was going to have to buy myself new work shirts. I sort of hate the other ones Nick bought for me (even though he let me choose) and also I have lost weight and I don't want to wear those baggy shirts.

When I lost a lot of the weight I promised myself I wouldn't wear anything ever again that I didn't feel good in. When you are heavy, there are no great clothes on clearance racks, there are no great clothes. And I mostly wore things I felt terrible in. Also, I just felt terrible in general. I feel sad I neglected myself so long. But I also am trying to be kind to myself. I just don't think the time was right. I think I must have had some lessons to learn before I could get the weight under control. I am trying to exhibit great control in not splurging on new clothes, who knew it was going to be so fun!!!!

So... I was talking to Gus about this and how I was going to buy myself some new shirts. I have also trashed some of the other t-shirts I was given as well. It is messy there, oiling and gluing boots, etc ..and I am a general mess anyway when it comes to things like that. So I sort of felt like I couldn't ask Nick to buy me any more. Gus thought I should but I said, "nah".

Yesterday when I showed up at work there was a note from Nick telling me to pick out some new shirts. Gus must have told him. I know it is a little thing. But it is nice to be treated so well.

Today, "the boys" (Nick and Gus) went to a shoe convention and I managed the store.Towards the end of the day I received a picture text from Gus. It was of one of the boot guys we speak to on the phone often for ordering boots. Gus said he took the picture just for me because he knew I would want to see the face of the guy we spoke to all the time. I know it is ridiculous but those little things just make me feel so liked.

Today, I was in the big shoe tailor looking for shoes and I tripped over the step stool that I TOLD myself  "DO NOT LEAVE OUT". I went flying. I crushed a shoe box with such force that the connected lid ripped clean off. Now my knee hurts and my arm. So annoying. (I posted about this for my friend Tiffany P. who seems to get great amusement from my huge klutziness.)

Apparently the new friendliness level of Kassidy's drugged cat annoys her. I am so happy that he is medicated. So far his bad habit has completely GONE away. Banditt gets to live! He was so three feet out the door, guy. Also he even let Kate and Bo pet him. That usually doesn't happen. And his pills are cheap. Kassidy is annoyed by him. In her sleep he keeps bumping her on the head with his head trying to love on her. That darling thought alone makes me sort of like Banditt now. I took a cute picture of them. He was sleeping right on her pillow (a little yucky) right next to her head. So cute. I'll see if I can post it tomorrow.

Had a fun dinner out after work with Frank and Sherri. I love it when they let me crash their date night. Kassidy came and crashed also. It was fun. AND....I totally did not over eat. Even. though. I. wanted. more. But I was not hungry and I tried to listen to my body. Frank and Sherri love this pizza and we all shared. The pizza is just like cheese pizza only with slices tomatoes and basil on it. It is stunningly delicious. I don't know why. But it is.

I am really trying to earn my ring I showed you guys. I said when I lost 25 pounds I would by it for myself. My sweet friend Kirsten asked me how much it was. I am worried about the price. 65 dollars is a  lot when you have six needy kids. But I am doing it no matter what. I was telling Kirsten all this and she asked how much it was. When I told her she was like..."Shoot! I'll just go sell some plasma and you can get your ring." I don't know why but it was like saying to me, "You are worth 65 dollars, girl!" and it made me feel so happy. I love her. She loves me.

I decided I am going to get the bird ring I think. And I want "let go and let God" engraved on the inside. It is the AA slogan. I just love it. I also love their other slogan, "easy does it".  I have 20 pounds left to go to meet that goal.

Night!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Jill said...I actually came on fb last night hoping for a post on your blog to read. I guess I checked too early. You posted it right after I checked. Love your little bits. And they're not nothing. What a blessing to have washed walls, great coworkers, and friends.

Tiffany said...You are so worth more then $65.

Nancy said...Ditto, what Tiffany said!

Kirsten said...yeah ditto. i said to myself "Let go and let God" in something I was worrying about yesterday. Thanks for the reminder! And I do love you. it is true.

Sherri said...Susan I loved your blog!! the pizza is called Margarita

Michelle said...You are worth it. And then some (and then some more....)

Susan said...Thanks everyone!!! I'm doing it!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...