Sunday, January 27, 2013

I miss Oreos.

A few weeks ago I was at Perkins with some girls friends. We were having a little over eaters support group session. Sadly, Perkins had the NERVE to have this picture on the table! I WANTED it! My friend hurried and threw the whole brochure on the ground for me. I have some true friends I tell you!


I really love Oreos. Really.

As we were walking out I spotted the most darling sight.



My friend's cute kids. Sitting there at like 10:30pm eating some kind of ice cream and fudge desserts.

I looked for my friends. No sign of them.

I asked A and H what they were doing there. They said they were being punished.

"Huh?"

"Me and my brother have been fighting all day so my dad gave me 25 bucks and left us here to get along. " They had dinner and everything.

PARENTING AT ITS FINEST!

I truly mean that. My friends are already very good parents. But I loved this punishment. These kids will remember it forever.

I loved the lightheartedness of it. Sometimes it is okay to just have some fun! I don't think every moment has to be some "fit the crime" consequence. No one should take parenting advice from me, but I just thought this was great!

Remember I told you Bo's primary teacher was a match made in heaven just for him? Here she is with her cute little class. They get to all put tape on their nose as a reward. So funny!




1 comment:

Susan said...

Viki said...$25 bucks?? i WISH i were rich enough to parent like that!!

Jill said... That is a cool idea. And completely rude about the Oreo dessert ad! Sounds like Bo's primary teacher is awesome!!!

Kim said...I love it!

Suzanne said...That's just awesome all around!

Nancy said...I am not a fan of Oreos, but the rest is great!

Jean said...I have been doing the weight loss challenge for Melaleuca, so Kaleb decided to make homemade oreos. Regular Oreos I can resist, but homemade......not so much!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...