Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Doesn't every little girl want a big brother to love her?


Kate is so lucky to have THREE.

Bo isn't very good to her though and Kate is convinced he hates her. She tries to hug him and he is mean to her. One time he did hug her and she was just so thrilled about it. I found a picture of him kissing her as a baby and tried to convince her that he DID love her after all. She bought it for a day or so.

Thank heavens for Nathan. He doesn't really want to be all cuddly with his siblings but I have trained him to tolerate it and do his best to fake it. (I hope that doesn't violate his own personal boundaries somehow...too much therapy for me, you think? ;)...) But Bo and Kate just adore him. It is a different dynamic, having big kids and little kids. In a way the big kids help parent and nurture. And when they do things to hurt the little kids that is just sibling stuff, I can't help but think the little kids see it as a big person (like a parent)  hurting them. Am I worrying too much? I just want them to treat each other nice. NOTHING will push me over the edge faster then my kids fighting.

Kate is a super needy little girl. And I am not doing so hot at filling up her neediness. She does not want to be alone EVER. I am hoping that with the combination of all these big kids  and a dad to love on her, that we have her emotional needs covered. If not.. I will just remember what my funny friend always jokes about...when her kids would complain about something she would tell them it would give them something to talk to their therapist about. Lol. Once she caught her kids making out and she made them write a dissertation about morality from the church leaders and scriptures. HILARIOUS PARENTING MOMENT! Maybe if I just accept they will be in therapy anyways I will quit fretting about their little needs all the time. Plus, look how fun therapy is!

Also let me give my little plug for how great it is for these big kids to have little siblings. Yes. Their lives are way inconvenienced. Yes, their things get broken and messed up. But they lessons they learn about it not being all about them is a gift.



Always trying to get love from him. She now has nick named him her "mama turtle" Yeah. he loves it. Pfffttt! He actually tolerates it which bust me up. He is ONE dang nice kid.




Bo and Kate are seriously a full time job!!!







Bo and Nathan sleeping opposite of each other. I love Nathan's big foot sticking out.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The third paragraph seems a little familiar ... Haha ..I also had to read it out loud to my parents and give my boyfriend a copy of it.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...