Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Don't take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you."


I have been so so grateful for the opportunity to go to therapy. At first, after every session, I would be so overwhelmed with gratitude and relief for the clarity and peace I was given, that I would just have to text Kristopher and tell him. I have almost felt a little guilty. Why me? Why do I get this gift when so many others don't get the opportunity of such goodness and compassion? What did I do so different to deserve this? But I don't know as though I had to do anything to deserve it. Heavenly Father just gave it to me because it was my time.

But I do think Heavenly Father gave me this opportunity because He knew I would share it. Because I am a huge blabber mouth expressive person. And  I realized the other day that I can share more of Kristopher with you! I forgot that I could give you all the links to his segment on a radio show. So here is a few. If you like them it would be nice if you comment or email the radio guy so he knows people are benefiting from this radio segment. His latest one is really great but it hasn't been posted yet. He told me he is quite thoughtful about these shows and even prays about them.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2012/01/address-your-brain-hygiene-to-combat-insomnia/

and

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2012/01/teenage-suicide-numbers-are-higher-than-you-realize/

About that picture of Kristopher....that (to me) looks absolutely NOTHING like him. I keep telling him he needs a new one. I don't think he looks so formal in real life. I don't know who that picture even is of. But not him. Okay, it is him, but he just looks different to me. I will try to take one to show you. I know I keep saying that.

So back to the book "The Four Agreements"...

The Second Agreement

Don't take anything personally. Nothing
others do is because of you. What
others say and do is a projection of their own
reality, their own dream. When you are
immune to the opinions and actions of others,
you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

"If someone gives you an opinion and says, "Hey, you look so fat," don't take it personally because the truth is that person is dealing with his or her own feelings, beliefs  and opinions. That person tried to send poison to you and if you take it personally, then you take that poison and it becomes yours. Taking things personally makes you easy prey for these predators, the black magicians. They can hook you easily with one little opinion and feed you whatever poison they want, and because you take it personally, you eat it up.

"You eat all their emotional garbage  and now it becomes your garbage. But if you do not take it personally, you are immune in the middle of hell. Immunity to poison in the middle of hell is the gift of this agreement.

"As you make a habit of not taking anything personally, you won't need to place your trust in what others do or say, You will only need to trust yourself to make responsible choices."

"As you make a habit of not taking anything personally, you won't need to place your trust in what others do or say. You will only need to trust yourself to make responsible choices. ....When you truly understand this, and refuse to take things personally, you can hardly be hurt by the careless comments or actions of others."

Interesting stuff!  All that black magic stuff is because the book is from century old Toltec knowledge and that is how they explained it in the book. I found it an interesting symbolic idea.

So Tuesdays are still my favorite day. Rhett and I got our free piece of bread and our dollar ice cream cones and it was blissful. He and I always get the same flavors. We never try anything new. He always gets cookies and cream and snickers and I always get chocolate with peanut butter. Also I like todays because  I get to visit my parents for a bit because they drive him to basketball while I go to "group". I also work a few hours and it is just a busy happy day. I like going to group because it involves sitting and chatting with girls for a few hours. And I like women. They make perfect sense to me.

And then as I was driving to pick up Rhett my most favorite song (for like 6 months now) came on the radio and I HAD to dance and move to it in the car. I just can't sit still when a really great song comes on. One day Justine's friend saw me and tild Justine about it the next day at school. So Justine was mortified. I can't help it. I feel happy when music is on!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found your blog from your comment on CJane. I am one of the WOPA and struggling with co-dependency.

I am so glad I clicked on your profile and found your blog:)

I so need to get this book, "The Four Agreements."

I am just itching to get anything to help me figure out my addiction. Luckily I am seeing a therapist, and a darn good one.

I am looking forward to gleaning from your inspiration.

I posted your blog on mine under co-dependency Bloggers...more WOPA'S may be stopping by.

http://www.diaryofasparrow.blogspot.com

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...