Sunday, October 17, 2010

Appreciation for husband, Sunday, the 37th

I sure haven't been blogging lately. I think it might have to do with the fact that I have been trying to turn my blog into a book. You know, just for my family. And when I uploaded into the book format software thingamabob (can you believe that word was in spell check???) I had 700 pages! The program actually said to me "whoah... that's a lot of pages. Are you sure you want to go forward" (something like that). But a lot of the pictures got huge and are on one page. I had thought it would just turn into a book but it turns out I have to "organize" each page and decorate it if I want it decorated. Which I think I don't, just because I am not so good at that and it is too much work. Anyway, I don't even want to say how much it is suppose to cost! But after my neighbor died so young I have always had a huge fear of if something should happen to me my children might never know/remember me. And I think my blog has a lot of my personality in it so I think it will be worth it to preserve that.

Anyway, on to appreciating husbands....

I have been thinking the past few days how thankful I am Corey and I like to do a lot of the same things...

Okay! I know! I don't like camping or hunting or driving in the hills!.... I'm not that perfect!

But if we have a free evening and a little money we always agree on what to do. Dinner and a movie. Or dinner. Or a movie. We just love going to dinner and we love going to movies. And we always agree on what movie to see. Action. I like action movies.... Aren't I a dream? And even though it is pricey we love popcorn. And since I am not fussy I always let Corey choose the restaurant.... Wait a minute! He should be appreciating me!!!

So since we are tightening our budget we haven't been to many dinners or movies lately. But have no fear. We agree on the next best thing. Renting a movie and chips and salsa. We like that. For the best salsa in town email me and I'll hook you up.

So I am ever so appreciative to have a buddy to do those things with.

NOW on to a crazy, possibly fabulous tip Corey learned at the movies last time we went.

He thinks now that he is all skinny that the babes are checking him out. I laughed and teased him about that but sure enough when I wasn't protecting my territory a babe taught him this trick at the butter station in the movie theatre. Ohh la la.

Anyway...to get butter to the bottom of the popcorn you take a straw and push it up against the spout of the butter. Let's just call it what it is shall we?.....OIL. So then you stick the straw down the center of the popcorn bucket and the oil gets down to the bottom. Then you just raise the straw as you squirt the oils and it gets in the different layers of the popcorn. Great tip huh! I know. It is disgusting.

I seriously had a doctor tell me the oil balances out the carbs of the popcorn so we're good right?

I know I am.

Ha Ha. I was worried Corey might not like what I wrote about the babes looking at him now that he is thin. So I told him I just wrote a joke about that to clear it with him. He is all serious "I don't think that is funny. It is true!" So humble. Now we have just had about a five minute conversation about all the babes that are checking him out. Ha Ha.

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

I heard through the grapevine that the skunks are "checking him out" while he is jogging. Susan, once again, a hilarious blog. I laughed so hard!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...