Sunday, October 3, 2010

My "Slice of Life"

A few years ago I was blessed to meet a really fascinating woman. I find her so interesting. Her blog name is Texasblu and that is just cool in and of itself. She wants to be a writer and she is always taking that very serious and.... writing! Not like me who decided one night to give it a go and then after an hour to not give it a go anymore. I love her face book statuses because she is always asking for ideas of characters names.

The last character she was looking for needed to be strong and manly. I suggested that Gavin was the new strong and manly name. I secretly think she liked that idea so much and she is using that name for her character. I can't wait to find out someday when the book is published. She is a mom of seven very smart very interesting very strong minded children and she is a home schooling lady which I just love right off the bat.

Anyway, being that she is a writer and it seems to be her mission to encourage others to write, she started this little blog that gives you prompts of things you should write about so you can have your life stories down. She gives them on Sundays. To find the prompts click on the link below and I really think you all should start writing your "Slice of Life" as well.




I first started thinking about doing it when the prompt was snakes! I have the best snake story eva! But I never followed through because do I really need more to do? But I still love the idea so I decided to give it a try. The idea is to do it on Sunday but I am already appreciating my husband on Sunday so I am just going to get it done when I get it done. Which is really hard for me because I am a rule follower.

So...Be on the look out this week for my Slice of Life". The prompt is "The Harvest"! Doesn't that sound great?

While on her "Slice of Life" blog you can also find her personal blog there call Haven. Love that name. She is always telling what good kids books to read.


So I think you should all do this with me. (especially you... Mary and Terri!)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Michelle Vivino said... I loved this heart emoticon My grandmother died when I was very young, so I never got to learn from her~ she made THE most amazing grape juice~ I'll never forget that! I missed out on the mom-thing too, so I really need someone to teach me how to can :o) But first, I need to learn how to garden now that we have this ginormous space! I'm excited about it~ but also really nervous. I always doubt my ability to learn these things~ but maybe we can get into the swing of it together next spring and you can teach me how to can all the beautiful things we grow (don't you just love how I volunteered you like that? Ha ha) Your jars were gorgeous! I bet that felt amazing looking at the bounty of all your labors lined up in pretty glass jars~ yep~ definitely looking forward to it. Iona seems like a place where there is a lot of wisdom and a lot of love heart emoticon I am officially happy we moved here :o)

Kim Heinke said... Love it, Susan! Love the older photos too. smile emoticon

Mary McDowell said... if we ever have slim pickens,I'm coming to your house-looks wonderful, ai love self sufficient people!!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...