Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Happenings!

I do believe I might like Halloween more than the average person. I just really really really think it is fun!

But is anyone else with me that even this is going to far?????



GUMMY HEADS! That you eat! What the chicken? Can you imagine just chomping down on one? Eww and weird....I bought one.... For our annual spooky dinner. Okay, I didn't really. They were 5 bucks!!
Here is our super cool front porch. It was mostly just dollar store stuff.

(excuse the side walk chalk...Bo has been having a great few afternoons)



I just hope that real ghosts don't think this is a open invitation!

I have learned through a blog a follow that adding a crow everywhere is super good Halloween stylin'. I follow a thrifty design blog and I must have a fire place mantel!! They do the best Halloween decorations with those mantels! I covet.


The kids had a great time wrapping all these little skeletons in the spider webs. Sad thing was next day I found a beetle wrapped in the spider webs. I guess he really got stuck! I freed him.

Oh, you know it's true! You know I love having a kid's birthday in Halloween. It makes for the BEST birthdays and birthday parties.. And my kid is so cool because he loves it when I make him Halloween birthday cakes and such. Here was this years cake. Dracula!



Corey thought it looked like a Muppet. He keeps critiquing my cakes now a little too harshly. Last time I yelled at him. "I am not a professional ya know! I haven't gone to college for special cake making courses. I am just a mom making a kid's birthday cake!" I think because I have made some cool cakes in the past he has some huge expectations of me now.

Also in my NON professional opinion, to give you all a tip, I never bother making black frosting. I always buy it. It makes life so much easier. This year I tried this kind.

I don't know what is going on inside that tube but it has some special frosting powers and when it squeezed out it squeezed into this special smooth shiny spread. It was AWESOME! Later a friend said you can get that same effect from adding a tiny bit of Karo syrup to your frosting.
Also this Dracula cake is not fondant. It kind of looks like it but it is really just microwaved frosting. It just melts all over the cake pretty nicely. But look how nice Dracula's hair turned out!



When Rhett came home from camping he was greeted by this birthday surprise!



Also, this year we were able to pull these gems out of storage. The kids and I were really excited to find them super cheap last year after Halloween. Who wouldn't want to buy these guys???


The kids are way happy because they think the cat has real teeth. I sort of wonder myself...


Nice, huh?

Also special thanks to my sweetie pie friend for my new spider. It will have special meaning forever. *wink, wink*

1 comment:

Susan said...

Megan Hanson said... You're the coolest mom! Love your front door decorations--so cute!

Jean Georgia Hunting said... "What the chickens?" Hahaha....I love it!

Patsy Jo Anderson Coon said... Everything looks great! You are such a cool mom!!!!

Kim Heinke said... You're a lot of fun!

Tiffany Parkin said...Love it!!! Halloween is my husband's favorite holiday:)

Rhonda Floyd said... What a crack up. You are still just a kid.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...