Sunday, October 3, 2010

Appreciation for husband, Sunday, the 36th


I cannot go another week without being thankful for my husbands income.

Income is a BLESSING! I appreciate his ability and his smarts to be a good employee and bring home income. With six kids we need it.

Have I mention he owes his career to me? No? Well he does. When we were first married we decided to live in this state because he had a GREAT job and was making great money. As a weed killer guy. He made 11$ an hour. Ohhh Awwww.

Then as we realized that wasn't such great money he decided to be a brick mason. That took some time as he had to work his way up the ladder. He was laid off often and there were no benefits. We had three children by then.

He loved hunting (blah blah blah) and wanted a new bow. I told him if he signed a contract with me that he would return to school I would let him get it (even thought we had to charge it).

The day he enrolled, and that first day of school, were miserable and scary and he was mad at me for having to go back and that I was actually following through on the contract. I threatened to sue him if he backed out. Later he confessed he knew he needed to go back. He soon got the hang of it and was getting great grades and it has been a great decision.

It also taught me that I will push and push my children to get their entire education ASAP whether they know what they want to be or not.

Now, if only I had finished my education. Another story for another day.

Oh yeah, I couldn't end this post without mentioning how happy it makes me to hear Kassidy next door in her room, belt out at the top of her lungs, songs from Joesph and the Dream Coat. We took her to see the play and it ingrained itself into her spirit. She loves the music from that. My job here is done thank you very much! Okay not really, but I do feel like I did something great if I can get them to love that kind of stuff.

Also I know you want to know that yesterday I woke up to a half eaten ice cream bar quickly melting inside my pillow case next to my sleeping head. What the chicken?? Who wouldn't finish their ice cream bar???....and who would ditch it on my pillow!???.....And who was eating ice cream for breakfast!????!!!

Let's take a guess shall we?.....




Uh huh! I thought so!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait what? You don't feed your kids ice cream for breakfast. . . oops! :)

kirstensblog said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haHmwahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAA COUGHHHHHHHH. ahhhhhhhhhhh. HMMWAHAHAHAHA. Seriously, that is some good writing. I love the what the chicken, the ditched on my pillow, the all of it. Love you Susan. Even if you've been stickified by melting mahem in your sleep.

Susan said...

Kim said...Love it!

Linda Jensen said... Oh, Kate! :0)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...