Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dear Seafood, I love you, too!!!!!!!!!


HI! Still here in California having a BLAST! Aside from a STUPID cold!!!!! I seriously only get sick maybe once a year. Why???? would it happen on the only trip I get in forever!!! If I knew how to do the "hashtag" thing, or what it even is... I would say seriouslyannoyedcoughingalldaythroathurtsruinginmytripexceptIrefusetoletitgrrrr

Here is sort of my feelings about traveling. Which I never do, but still... You should eat whatever is custom to the city. Juts like I ate earthworms when I was with that cousin who ate earth worms. I had too, right? And eating an earth worm isn't any more outrageous then eating what I ate the first night we were in California. 



The flavor was fine. I didn't like that it was cold. 

I think it is a personal challenge I have. To try food no matter what.

I really like seafood. But this place kept me challenged! And my girls? Traumatized! Ha Ha! but I really wanted them to see and try new things.

It was an Japanese and Hong Kong style restaurant called Tomi Seafood Buffet. 

It was mostly about sushi! I decided I preferred the partially seared sushi and I loved it on the rice. But to save stomach space I mostly ate it without the rice so that I could try it all.


 The little orange seaweed wrap was fish eggs of course!




My SIL Wendi and my hilarious niece (HILARIOUS) Zoe.





My brother and Justine



Jason teaching Justine the lo-down. We insisted they tried a few things that were "outrageous" to them. Justine tried eel and actually liked it!



Uncle Jason got to pick what Kassidy ate. He got her to try a jellyfish seaweed wrap. I tried it as well. It was horrible. After she ate it he confessed he never had!!!! Stinker.


Duck and bok choy with mushrooms (yum). And one of my favorit foods was also a slice of breaded acorn slice. Yum.




NOT GOOD.


Crab head with like noodles and eggs cooked inside with shrimp.





Raw oyster. I definitely don't enjoy those. I want to. I do. But I like them cooked.


My sweet Nephew Sky. Seriously Nice kid. Just nice like my Nathan is nice.



Sky loved the crab legs!


Owiee! But it had to be done.

The very next day we went to....

Duh nu nu nuh......

The world famous.....








This place had GREAT oceany atmosphere. The ocean was only a jaunt away. As we ate, birds kept landing to get crumbs. We ate in like a outside covered area and it was lovely. I always wanted to live an oceanly life style. It was great.

My brother said I had to order a seafood tomato basil soup called Cioppino. It was $22 for one person.







I adored it. It was so simply delicious.



I also got a crab and shrimp stuffed artichoke with a garlicky mayonnaise dip. It was YUM-MY.





Jason had a crab sandwich


Zoe and Justine had clam chowder. I love clam chowder so very much.




My mom had albacore sandwich and Kassidy had fried shrimp!


My girls are the sweetest traveling companions. And the complete opposites. Justine can't spend a dime. She is thoroughly grossed out about the food choices but would never complain. She is truly a little princess. I never say that. It just isn't my lingo. But she is. And doesn't that braid look like a mermaid tail or something?

Kassidy is so enamored by everything we have done. She is so happy and full of life. And full of love for life. First, she is never going to leave the Redwood Forest. Then she is living next to the ocean. Then she is never leaving San Francisco. Actually she is me. She loves it all! The world is her oyster! :)

 I am so lucky and blessed and thrilled that we went on the little trip before they leave my home. Don't even talk about it. I will cry. Kristopher! I don't like it, it's not okay, and I can't stand it anyway! I love them!


We are having so much fun I can barely stand it. For reals. It is almost too much. Maybe that is why I have a cold. To keep me from floating off the ground.




I have so much to share!!!!!!! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...