Monday, July 15, 2013

My summer of doing fun things. The family reunion. Sort of.


So the occasion that brought about me eating an earth worm was a mini family reunion. My cousin Kodie got married and they had a day reception and reunion. 

I really wanted to go and I got my parents on board with bringing me and a few kids. I have decided it is much easier to just do fun things with a few of the kids. Then take the other  kids to do fun things another time. My kids have really learned things aren't always going to be equal or fair. 

So it was Rhett and Bo's turn to go and then Justine tagged along because she could!

So we drove to Wyoming. The ride alone for me was glorious. I worked on my blog book and sat in peace while Bo played my mom's kindle. I had like three days of few responsibility and it was FUN.

When I saw a REAL LIFE 7-11 we just HAD to stop and get a Slurpee. I grew up on Slurpees!!!!! And....we have no 7-11's around my parts.



Those Slurpee straws are just so great! 


Here is the problem I discovered....Slurpee are way too surgery for grown ups.

Because I only had one brother and was lonely for siblings, my cousins meant everything to me. I adored them. Not many really showed up to the reunion but it was still fun to see those that did.



My cute cousin, Kim. I love her! And my dad!


My cousin's kids and my kids doing what kids theses days do when together. How I HATE this. But Nathan actually informed me that the reason he doesn't have friends over is because they don't have "games" to play. So I don't know. My fight against having children raised on "games" back fires a bit I guess. In this case I let Bo play "games" because he was accepted as one of the boys despite his immaturity.


My Uncle Don. He is just a massive wise cracker. But I have fond memories of him teaching me to cut cows on a horse in a horse arena when I was a college student. It was exciting. Because the horse knew what he was doing and he was a nice horse! I loved horses.


My dad and his older sister, Janet.





My cousin Kodie (I just always thought he was so cute handsome) and his newish wife (love her!), waiting to cut the cake. Yeah...I have mentioned cake is my biggest weakness. I may or may not have had like six pieces. They sent a bunch home with us to the hotel. I am powerless against cake. Fo reals. And apparently earth worms too.


Uncle Don and Cousin Kodie



This is My Aunt Judy. We were at her home for the reunion. She is my dad's baby sister.


Her family. My cousins and all their spouses.


My cousin Kerry wrestling with the kids. It was cute.



My Uncle Wayne. I adored him growing up. Whenever we would be visiting I remember in the morning he would hug me good morning and kiss my forehead and call me sweet heart. I suppose it may have only happened once. I don't even know anymore. But I remember it happening "every" morning on our visits. But he always made me feel so loved. And he was so handsome. He helped me catch my first fish.


My Uncle Wayne carved this! It is his front door. We loved it!!!! 


It was a fun little trip!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...