Friday, July 26, 2013

miracles of VCR's and computers. God love us. This I know.


Prepare for a lot of California posts. That is just the way it has to be. Today was the best day ever. I adore the ocean. Adore.

But let me start from the beginning. We insisted that we must decorate the car. My mom is a good sport. The van got us a lot of positive attention and one big hairy belly mooning. But it was so fun.







Kate was feeling very left out. She loves One Direction. And she was heartbroken not to get to go. So she insisted on decorating the car also. She made a "gorilla". I mean for reals. She is a genius. Doesn't that look just like a gorilla?



Chris Hemsworth has nothing to do with our trip. But Kassidy loves him.



Kate took these pictures of us. Pretty good, huh?

Stopping for a pop and more pictures and we are on our way!






The girls had their own row. I joked it was because Kassidy has no boundaries and needs her own "space". Then it cracked me up because there is her foot right in Justine's face!



Baby Llamas are the cutest babies EVER!



The beginning of my eating adventures!!! It was good. Old I think though. Don't worry, dad. I bought you one!


So...we made it to California and we are living the good life.

The ride down was so fun and peaceful. I love my girls so much and my mom.

I'll blog all about it.

But for today I must share something that will forever be known as "the miracle of the disappearing blog book".

But first...let me share with you "the miracle of the VCR."

When I told my cute Sis in law about my miracle she told me about the miracle of the VCR. (you know...back in the day. When we had VCR's.

So Wendy tells me that their VCR was broken. And it was causing her great stress. One night she had a dream and she was shining her light into the VCR and she could see that some of the tape was stuck in there. She got it out and the VCR worked.

She WOKE UP and went down to the VCR and shined a flash light in it and there was TAPE IN IT!!!!! She fixed the VCR and she knew God had helped her. I loved that story! So sweet.

So...I have been working to turn my blog into another book for our family. I have done one. It was SO much work. Plus it died with my lap top once and then I had to do all that work...again. SO I had planned on working on this quite a bit. Especially on the ride there and back. Since my mom likes to drive. So I had done quite a bit MORE work when suddenly a glitch happened and it was NOWHERE to be found.

SO FRUSTRATED. I did EVERYTHING I could think of to find where it had gone. I was sad because I really wanted to work on it while in California. Plus all the work I had already put into it. I slept and the next day tried again and still. could. not. figure. it. out.

Finally I was like Heavenly Father....I hear you care about the little things in life we care about. Please please tell my mind how to fix this. I know you have told me before (once when our phone was broken He put in my mind to take the battery out and put it back in...I did...it worked.) how to fix something so I know you can put in my mind how to fix this. And I remembered the battery incident. I didn't try it even thought that was what was in my mind because I assumed it was just from remembering the battery incident and it was all in my head. But ten minutes later I still couldn't get it to work. So I tried the battery idea.

It worked. My whole book reset itself and there it was. And all was well.

And my testimony GREW. I thought Wow. If Heavenly Father cares about this then I know he is leading me in SO many other ways.

I was SO AMAZED. AND GRATEFUL.

NIGHT!!!!










No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...