Saturday, April 24, 2010

Am I a horrible mother.....

...because secretly (well, not so secretly now) I think it is nice when I have a kid who is sick enough with a fever to sleep all day?





I would never be happy about it for more than a day of course...okay more than two days....but sometimes it is just a relief to have a quiet day.



Save your hate mail. I know you feel the same way. Admit it.


Aren't these the two luckiest little people you ever knew to have such a wonderful second mother/big sister? This is how you have a large family! The oldest help. I know many people have opinions about that but it is mostly nothing but positive for these older kids to be learning to serve their younger siblings. I love it. I could eat it up. I so wanted to be Mrs. Duggar. Minus the mullet.


Watching cartoons


Look at her little feverish sick eyes. Sad.

She was "hiding" from me so I wouldn't giver her her medicine.


Doesn't get cuter than that!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary McDowell-think we've all been there so sad to see them like that, but the quiet is s0-0 nice.....be well little one :)it's not that you want them sick, just quiet sh-h-h-h

Janetlee said...

Hurray for husbands who haul poo! You keep saying I don't read your blog but I do, just not every day. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Janelle said...I remember the first time Nicole was sick enough to lose her voice. Ahhhhhhhh :)

Aine said...Then we're all horrible mothers..... ;)

Linda said...You're not wishing them to be sick, you're just finding the upside of a sad situation! Hope she's feeling better!

Tracy said... Yeah....when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!.....very quietly.

Linda said...Haha!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...